Should I get an MPT Tutor?
If you struggle with the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), it is a really good idea to consider getting an MPT tutor. This is, in part, because the MPT is worth a significant amount on many bar exams. If you are in a Uniform Bar Exam state, then the Multistate Performance Test is worth 20% of your total score! (That means it is worth almost as much as the Multistate Essay Exam portion of the exam, which is worth 30%.) Students fail the bar exam every administration because of a low MPT score that they could have improved ahead of time. Thus, the MPT cannot be ignored!
Should I get an MPT Tutor?
The good news is that an MPT tutor can help you improve your score significantly. An MPT tutor can identify what you struggle with, and give you tips to help you become savvy about how to answer MPTs. Specifically, an MPT tutor can help you with all of the following:
- Organization: Many students struggle with organizing their MPTs in a logical and orderly fashion. Thus, they miss out on easy points (and sometimes end up confusing themselves!).
- Following the task memo: Many students misunderstand instructions or lose sight of how important it is to follow the task memo. An MPT tutor can tell you what to pay attention to and how it should structure how you read and answer the question
- Understanding the Library: The Library can be overwhelming. An MPT tutor can tell you how to read through it to get the most out of it and pick out the important pieces of information. We also help you identify what is controlling law versus persuasive law, and how to structure your MPT answer accordingly.
- Responding to popular MPTs Some students struggle with responding to popular MPTs that show up over and over again, such as the persuasive brief or objective memo. Identifying these MPTs and having an understanding of what to do when you see them can help you earn several more points on the MPT.
- How to respond if you get an unusual MPT: What if you are supposed to draft provisions of a contract, will, or complaint? We tell you how to make sure you do not get thrown off by an unusual task!
- Writing and grammar: Basic writing and grammar tips can go a long way and make your MPT shine. We help students with basic writing tips, structure, and grammar.
- Time management on the MPT: Part of what makes the MPT so daunting is that you have to accomplish so much in such little time. An MPT tutor can tell you how to manage your time efficiently.
If you are looking for an MPT tutor, we have MPT specialists that have helped several students increase their MPT score. We will provide you with an MPT study schedule and create an individualized plan that is tailored to you. You are welcome to talk to the tutor prior to meeting, as well as past students who have utilized our services for MPT assistance.
How Many Times Would I Meet With an MPT Tutor?
There is no one-size-fits-all for an MPT student. We will evaluate how you are doing and then make a recommendation from there. Some students only need to meet once or twice to tweak their approach. If you need significant help with the MPT, you may need to meet five times or more.
Looking for MPT Help?
We offer the following MPT products and services:
- MPT private tutoring for those seeking one-on-one help to pass the MPT.
- An MPT guide which takes students from the beginning to end in how to write an MPT.
- MPT feedback for those seeking structural and organizational review of practice questions.
- Real MPT questions! We offer all NCBE-released questions from 2000 to present compiled in one book.
- An MPT seminar for those seeking help on how to tackle the MPT.
Also, check out our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!