Many bar exam takers ask us where to find free Multistate Essay Exam sample questions.
The Multistate Essay Exam (“MEE”) is part of many state bar exams. It is also part of the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE), where it is worth 30% of your overall bar exam score. Thus, it is an important part of the test and it is well worth it to be familiar with MEE essays ahead of time.
A little background on the MEE:
- How many questions is it? The MEE is composed of six essay questions.
- How long do you have to answer the questions? You have three hours to answer all six questions. (So you should allocate about 30 minutes per question.)
- What subjects does the MEE test? The essay questions could cover the seven MBE subjects (Civil Procedure, Contracts and Sales, Criminal Law & Procedure, Constitutional Law, Evidence, Real Property, and Torts) as well as seven additional areas of law (Agency & Partnership, Corporations & LLCs, Decedents’ Estates, Trusts, Secured Transactions, Conflicts of Law, and Family Law).
- Are all 14 subjects tested on every MEE exam? No. Since only six essays are given, usually six subjects are tested. (Occasionally one, two, or even three of the subjects will be combined with another one — e.g., Evidence may be combined with Criminal Law & Procedure.) To see how often each subject is tested, check out our Uniform Bar Exam MEE chart.
- Are the MEE subjects predictable? Yes! We make predictions every administration (see our Multistate Essay Exam seminar if you are interested in learning more). We also have a list of highly tested MEE topics here if you are looking for a quick, free resource!
Where to find free Multistate Essay Exam Sample Questions?
The best source for free Multistate Essay Exam Sample questions is the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE). The NCBE publishes sample questions and analyses from July 2008 to February 2013 here. The analyses are written by the NCBE and give you a good breakdown of exactly how you are scored on the MEE. This is a great resource if you are just getting started or if you just want an idea of how the MEE is structured.
If you are looking for additional essays, you can purchase our MEE books by subject here. (We have all of the recent exams/analyses in these books and offer options for purchase online or via hard copy.)
Seeking MEE Expertise?
🌟 Freebies & Discounts
- Free Bar Exam Resource Center: Explore for leading guides, articles, and webinars.
- Expert-Crafted Bar Exam Guides: Unveil insights on high-frequency MEE topics and strategies for success.
- Free Webinars: Engage with top bar exam experts.
🔥 Top-Rated MEE Resources
- MEE One-Sheets: Boost your confidence with our most popular bar exam product!
- NEW MEE Mastery Class: Unearth focused, engaging reviews of essential MEE topics.
- Bar Exam Crash Course and Mini Outlines: Opt for a swift, comprehensive refresher.
- MEE Private Tutoring and feedback: Elevate your approach with tailored success strategies.
- MEE Course: Preview our acclaimed five-star program for unmatched instruction, outlines, and questions.