If you are taking the multistate performance test (MPT) you may wonder what the most highly tested MPT tasks are. In this post, we tell you about the most highly tested MPT tasks and give you tips for approaching the MPT!
What are the most highly tested MPT tasks?
The most highly tested MPT task is the objective memorandum. This is tested the most frequently, with the persuasive memo being close behind. (If you are curious as to how to write an Objective Memorandum or a Persuasive Brief, click the links! We have a lot of useful tips!)
You can review our MPT chart here to see when these tasks have been tested.
One thing to note is that usually the objective memo and persuasive brief are tested together. The examiners like to see if examinees are able to write objectively and persuasively, which explains why they are so heavily tested (and frequently tested in the same exam!). Often times, if one of the tasks are not tested, the examiners will replace the task with a different one that tests the same skill. (For example, in July 2014 and February 2015, the persuasive brief was not tested and instead a demand letter was tested its place. While the demand letter is a different task than the persuasive memo, it tests the examinee’s ability to write persuasively, just like persuasive memo does.)
Less commonly tested tasks are the demand letter, opinion letter, and “wildcard tasks.” Again, you can review our MPT chart here to see when these tasks have been tested.
If you are looking for MPT tips for beginners, including formatting tips and other important MPT tips, check out this post.
Need Expert MPT Guidance?
🔥 Top-Rated MPT Resources
- New MPT One-Sheets: Discover crucial formats and tips distilled to simplicity.
- MPT Private Tutoring: Opt for personalized strategies and guidance to elevate your preparation.
- Bar Exam Crash Course and Mini Outlines: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the big picture.
- MPT Mastery Class: Deepen your understanding and skills for MPT excellence.
- Comprehensive MPT Guide: Navigate the MPT process with our step-by-step guide.
- Targeted MPT Feedback: Refine your approach with structural and organizational insights.
- Real MPT Questions Compilation (2000 to present): Engage in hands-on practice to enhance your readiness.
Plus, don’t miss our Free Bar Exam Resource Center filled with our top free resources and expert insights!