MBE Subject Frequency Chart
In this post, we have an MBE subject frequency chart which shows the highly tested topics within each subject. We have listed the MBE subjects in alphabetical order and ranked the topics from most-to-least tested. If you are interested, you can see the precise subtopics that fall within these topics by downloading the National Conference of Bar Examiners’ (NCBE) NCBE MBE subject matter outline here.
MBE Subject Frequency Chart: Are some subjects tested more than others?
On the MBE, you will have 25 scored MBE questions on each of the seven MBE subjects. The seven MBE subjects are tested equally.
So, you will have 25 scored MBE questions on:
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Real Property
Note that this adds up to 175 scored questions. You will have 200 questions total on the MBE (100 in the morning section and 100 in the afternoon section). The other 25 questions are unscored test questions. These questions can come from any subject and any topic.
Are some MBE topics tested more than others?
While the MBE subjects are tested evenly, the topics within each subject are not.
The best way to study efficiently for the MBE is to focus on the highly tested topics within each subject. For example, you can see that negligence makes up half of the Torts questions. You can also see that contract formation and performance, breach and discharge make up half of the Contracts questions.
It is important to study smart for the MBE and focus most of your study time on the topics that are most likely to appear on your exam.
How do I make sure I am exposed to these highly tested topics?
The best way is to use actual, released MBE questions. We discuss this further in Topic 13. You can also read about where to find real MBE questions here or check out our Qbank of over 1,500 real MBE questions here.
Seeking MBE Assistance?
Seeking MBE Assistance?
- 📘 MBE Guide: Equip yourself with our FREE expert-crafted bar exam and MBE guides.
- Free Bar Exam Resource Center: Discover top resources, articles, and free webinars led by renowned bar exam professionals.
Top Resources as Vouched by our Students:
- MBE One-Sheets: One of our most highly acclaimed bar exam supplements!
- MBE Private Tutoring: Opt for personalized, effective strategies.
- On Demand Bar Exam Course: Comprehensive bar exam preparation.
- Bar Exam Crash Course and Mini Outlines: Acclaimed and effective for a quick refresher.
- MBE Mastery Class, Real MBE Questions, and MBE Guide: Elevate your MBE preparation with these high-quality MBE supplements!