The MPRE is broken down into several sections. Each MPRE topic is allocated a certain amount of weight. You can see the MPRE topics and the percentage that each one is worth below. The MPRE schedule that we made is divided into five parts. You will cover roughly 25% of the potentially covered material in the first four parts. The last part of your MPRE study schedule consists of taking a practice exam composed of released questions and continuing memorization. Some students try to use this MPRE study schedule over the course of five days. Others use it over the course of five weeks. Many fall somewhere in between (e.g. they will cover each “part” in three days and be done in 15 days). We recommend spending more, rather than less time if you want to pass the MPRE!
If you want a course that aligns with this schedule, check out our free MPRE Course! It is rated five stars by our students and is taught by our star MPRE tutor. It comes with a free outline, free questions, and free expert instruction!
Free MPRE Study Schedule to Maximize Your Chances of Passing the MPRE
MPRE Study Schedule Part 1:
- Regulation of the Legal Profession (6-12%)
- The Lawyer-Client Relations (10-16%)
- Client Confidentiality (6-12%)
- Practice Tip: Read over our guide on key words and phrases on MPRE questions. This will help you answer more MPRE questions correctly right off the bat!
- Practice Tip: Start answering a few MPRE questions. (Here are some sources for free questions. They are not great but they are better than nothing.
- Practice Tip: Check out our free MPRE CHEAT SHEET here. This will give you an overview of the MPRE!
MPRE Study Schedule Part 2:
- Conflicts of Interest (12-18%)
- Competence, Legal Malpractice, and other Civil Liability (6-12%)
- Practice Tip: Continue answering MPRE questions.
- Practice Tip: Read our five tips on how to pass the MPRE.
MPRE Study Schedule Part 3:
- Litigation and Other Forms of Advocacy (10-16%)
- Transactions and Communications with Other Persons (2-8%)
- Different Roles of a Lawyer (2-8%)
- Practice Tip: Complete the 15 free MPRE questions on the NCBE website. Do these slowly and dissect them!
MPRE Study Schedule Part 4:
- Safekeeping funds and other property (2-8%)
- Communications about Legal Services (4-10%)
- Lawyer’s Duties to the Public and Legal System (2-8%)
- Judicial Conduct (2-8%)
- Practice Tip: Complete MPRE practice exam #1 from the NCBE website. Aim for at least a 64%!
MPRE Study Schedule Part 5:
- Practice Tip: Complete MPRE practice exam #2 from the NCBE website. Aim for a least a 64%!
- Practice Tip: Continue memorizing the law and answering questions as needed.
We hope this MPRE study schedule gives you an organized and efficient approach to the MPRE!
Looking for an MPRE course to maximize your study? Check out our free MPRE Course! It is rated five stars by our students and is taught by our star MPRE tutor. It comes with a free outline, free questions, and free expert instruction!
Looking to Ace the MPRE?
- Enroll in our 5-star rated free MPRE Course, complete with expert guidance, an exclusive outline, practice questions, and a one-sheet.
- Tackle the Real MPRE questions — the gold standard for test preparation.
- Elevate your preparation with personalized MPRE private tutoring, featuring a tailored study plan and dedicated MPRE outline.
- Dive into our assortment of complimentary top-notch MPRE resources for your success.