And, February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam Results Released!
February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam results are out as of today, Wednesday, April 22 at 1:00 p.m. They have been posted by seat number on the Michigan Board of Law Examiners’ website.
February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam Results Released!
In the past, all of the numbers of those who passed the exam were posted (this includes those who have not passed the MPRE or have not received a character and fitness clearance). This administration, it appears as though the Michigan Board of Law Examiners has again released the results of everyone who passed the bar exam.
February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam results have been mailed and applicants should expect to receive score reports in a few days. We always recommend that you wait until you receive official results before publicly announcing whether you passed or failed! So far as we know, Michigan has always accurately posted seat numbers, but it is wiser to wait since posting by seat number is relatively new!
Here is a list of the subjects and topics tested on the February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam.
February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam Results
If your number is on the list, congrats!
If you passed the February 2020 Michigan Bar Examination, congratulations! Please check out this Congratulatory Note to Those who Pass the Bar Exam, as well as a description of swearing-in ceremonies in Michigan. Those in Michigan (and many states) will have to attend a swearing-in ceremony to get a P-number and practice law. To our knowledge, there is no other good, detailed information online about what a swearing-in ceremony actually is. So, it is worth it to check out the above post!
Note: we are not sure how COVID-19 will affect these ceremonies. Please check the district’s website you are planning to have your swearing-in ceremony at. Information is posted on some sites. The Eastern District of Michigan is allowing swearing-in ceremonies online!
If you are looking to design a perfect swearing-in ceremony, we also have a description of how to do that here.
Your number is not on the list
If you did not pass the February 2020 Michigan Bar Examination, we are very sorry!
Note: If you did not pass, your immediate thought may be that you completely bombed the exam. It is natural to feel this way! However, wait for your score report before making assumptions about your score. You may be very close to passing!
There are a few things you should do:
- First, make sure you had the right seat number. For the 2014 to 2019 exams (and thus, we suspect it is the same for this exam) the seat number that bar exam students should be looking for is the actual seat number that they were in (which might not necessarily be the same as the original seat number you were assigned). Recently, the Board has refused to tell examinees their seat numbers over the phone so if you do not have your seat number, you will have to wait for a copy of your results to arrive in the mail.
- Do not panic. Check out this note to those who fail the bar exam for some encouragement as well as advice on where to go from here. Wait for your results to come in the mail, and try not to freak out about it.
- Consider consulting JD Advising about private tutoring or applying for our small Michigan Bar exam course (we accept a limited number of students). JD Advising specializes in helping repeat takers pass the bar exam. And, we have a Michigan Bar Exam full-service course for those who are looking to pass the exam in the most efficient way possible. We also have a Michigan Essay Course and stellar bar exam private tutoring options. See all of your Michigan Bar Exam options by clicking here! We think you will find our private one-on-one or small group services to be a nice change of pace from a commercial bar review course.
- Consider appealing. If you were close to passing, definitely consider the possibility of appeal. If you are considering utilizing our services for your Michigan Bar Exam appeal, please sign up to be on our list early! That is, email us at email@example.com or call us at 248-497-0187. (Also, read this post: I am considering appealing my bar exam score. What is the next step?) When you contact us, you will receive a free consultation, no strings attached. We have a stellar bar exam appeals passage rate but we only take on a limited number of appeals each administration. In July 2019, we wrote all of the passing appeals in the whole state. Without knowing your score, we recommend you put yourself on the list if you are considering an appeal. There is no fee to reserve your spot. You are not committing to anything but you preserve your place in line.
Note: You will be getting your score report in the next few days. You are welcome to email us your score report at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to decode it for you and tell you what you need to work on, free of charge.
We have an excellent Michigan Bar Exam full-service course for those who are looking to pass the exam the next administration! ANd, JD Advising has an affordable on demand option and we also have a live option! We offer a Michigan Essay Course and stellar bar exam private tutoring.
Please apply early if you are interested in these options!
These are other free resources for those who fail the bar exam:
- I failed the bar exam. What do I do? We have an in-depth guide here.
- I failed the Michigan Bar Exam. What should I do?
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: Five things to do differently. Eye-opening for many second-time takers.
- I failed the bar exam by five points (or less). What should I do? We tell you what to do here!
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times or four times). We tell you how to change your approach to pass the next time!
- What does my Michigan Bar Exam score report mean? This post gives you a general idea of what to look for. You are also welcome to email us your score report (email@example.com) and we will dissect it for you!
- Should I take Barbri twice? (Hint: no!)
- How do I tell my boss I failed the bar exam? Here is a guide on what to say and not say.
What was the percentage of people that passed the February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam?
It appears to be about 58%.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!