Topic 5: Baby bar exam essay frequency chart
As you can see from this baby bar exam essay frequency chart, there are three subjects (Contracts is split into two on the chart) that are tested on the baby bar.
- Contracts (common law)—i.e., contracts for services
- Contracts (UCC)—i.e., contracts for the sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Criminal Law*
*Note that virtually every exam has tested Criminal Law, with the exception of the July 2016 exam, which tested Criminal Procedure. However, that question was later deemed inappropriate and did not count toward an applicant’s score.
Baby Bar Exam essay frequency chart
From 2012 through October 2022 (each X is counted as 1, and the (X)s are counted as 1):
- Contracts has been tested 30 times (common law has been tested 14 times, UCC has been tested 14 times)
- Criminal Law has been tested 29 times
- Torts has been tested 29 times
Thus, all subjects have been tested approximately equally on the baby bar.
If you have any questions on our baby bar exam essay frequency chart, please feel free to post below. If you are looking for baby bar resources or private tutoring, please contact us at your convenience!
Go to the next topic, Topic 6: How to answer a baby bar exam essay question.
Looking to Pass the California Bar Exam?
📚 Ready to Conquer the California Bar Exam?
- Free Bar Exam Resource Center: Your gateway to handpicked guides, webinars, and articles.
- Expert-Written Bar Exam Guides: Get a CA bar exam essay guide, strategies for passing, and advice on choosing the ideal tutor.
Top Resources Recommended by our Students:
- California One-Sheets and Baby Bar One-Sheets: Consistently 5-star rated by our students.
- California Essay Exam Mastery Class: Target the most tested and challenging California bar segments.
- California and Baby Bar Exam Private Tutoring: Get personalized tutoring by bar exam experts.
- On Demand Bar Exam Course: 5-star rated for your comprehensive preparation. Free course preview available!
- Real MBE Questions: Perfect your practice with the best of practice materials.