When Will the July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam Results Be Released?
Wondering when the July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam Results will be released? We are too! The Michigan Board of Law Examiners states that Michigan Bar Exam results are released mid-November but in reality, they usually are released earlier than that. Below, you can see the past release dates for July Michigan Bar Exam results.
Some students are getting nervous about results being released today (on Halloween), especially due to the fact that July 2007 and July 2008 had a 10/31 release date. Keep in mind, though, that back in 2007 and 2008, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners did not publish seat numbers. Instead, they simply updated their website to say “results are being mailed” and examinees had to wait a few days to get their results in the mail. So, while it is true that results were technically released on Halloween, nobody actually found out results on that date. The Board can release results whenever it wants (including today!) but, as much as we want results to come out, we hope the Board does not release them today.
Update 10/26/19: A lot of students are getting extremely anxious about results being released! (And the Michigan Board of Law Examiners appears to be getting increasingly annoyed!) Unfortunately, we do not have information as to when results will be released. If you have any information, please feel free to contact us so we can update this post, or post below in the comments!
When Will July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam Results Be Released?
Past Release Dates for July Michigan Bar Exam Results:
- July 2018: Results released online Wednesday, 10/17/18 around 4:15 p.m. The list of certified passers was posted Monday, October 29. (678 applicants – 67%)
- July 2017: Results released online Tuesday 10/17/17 at 4:40 PM. Results posted significantly after that (about ten days) (680 applicants – 73% passed)
- July 2016: Results released online Friday 10/14/16. Results posted on Tuesday 10/25/16 (695 total applicants – 66% passed)
- July 2015: Results released online Thursday 10/21/15. Results posted on Wednesday 10/30/15. (811 total applicants – 62% passed)
- July 2014: Results released online Thursday 11/6/14. Results posted on Wednesday 11/12/14. (953 total applicants – 65% passed)
- July 2013: Results mailed Thursday 10/24/13; Results posted Tuesday 10/29/13 (1007 total applicants – 62% passed)
- July 2012: Results mailed on Thursday 10/25/12; Results posted Monday 10/29/12 (967 total applicants – 57% passed)
- July 2011: Results mailed Wednesday 10/12/11; Results posted Monday 10/17/11 (888 total applicants – 76% passed)
- July 2010: Results mailed Wednesday 10/13/10; Results posted Monday 10/18/10 (782 total applicants – 80% passed)
- July 2009: Results mailed Tuesday 10/27/09; Results posted Wednesday 10/28/09 (800 total applicants – 85% passed)
- July 2008: Results mailed Friday 10/31/08; Results posted Wednesday 11/5/08 (879 total applicants – 74% passed)
- July 2007: Results mailed Wednesday 10/31/07; Results posted Monday 11/5/07 (848 total applicants – 80% passed)
We predict that the release date will be in the middle of October—perhaps around Thursday, October 17, 2019. Update: the results were not released on October 17, 2019! (Note that February results were released earlier than expected—about a week earlier than expected, to be exact! So we will be watching for results to be out even earlier than our predicted release date!)
Will the July 2019 Michigan bar exam results be posted online?
Yes, the Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s states on their website that results will be posted by seat number on the day that results are mailed. (In case you are wondering where they reveal that results are released, they make an announcement right here on the home page of their website.) Note: This is the seat you were actually sitting in – which may be different than the seat you were originally assigned.
If you do not remember your seat number, you may have to wait for results to be mailed. Last year they did not release this information to applicants who did not write down their seat number.
What time of day are the Michigan bar exam results posted online?
In the past, results have been posted as early as 2:30. For the February 2017 administration, they were posted later—around 4:08 PM. For July 2017, they were posted at 4:40. And for February 2018 and February 2019, they were posted after 4:00 PM as well. Anywhere between 12:00 and 4:50 is normal but we suspect they will be posted later than 4:00 PM.
Will I be able to find my July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam results by my seat number if I don’t have Character and Fitness clearance?
Most likely. For the last eight bar exams, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners (BLE) released the seat numbers of everyone who passed the bar exam – including those who had not yet passed the MPRE or Character and Fitness. If they do the same thing this time, you will be able to find out whether you passed as soon as results are posted, regardless of if you are still waiting for Character and Fitness clearance.
I don’t have the time, energy, or desire to constantly refresh the BLE website. Can you just tell me when the July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam results are released?
Yes! Please send us your email or your phone number if you want to know first! We are usually among the very first to know when Michigan releases bar exam results and we are happy to text you or email you when they are out!
When results are out, we will send a short email or text to you announcing that results are out. We will not share your information with anyone. In addition, we will not sign you up for our newsletter or anything else unless you want to be signed up! We will simply send a short notification when results are out then leave you alone!
Note: If you choose to be contacted via text message, we will send you an “opt in” text message so that you can opt in to receive results via text message. Then we will text you as soon as results are out!
If you happen to find out results before we do, feel free to text us (248-228-5547) and we will notify everyone else.
I’m Worried I Failed! Can I Reserve a Spot for Tutoring or a Course?
Yes. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-228-5547 to reserve your spot for any of the following. We offer:
- A full-service Michigan Bar Exam Course, which is complete with outlines completely tailored to the Michigan bar exam, released multiple-choice questions, and essay questions. You can read more about the course here as well as download a copy of the syllabus. This course is very highly-regarded. Update: We also have a new on demand Michigan bar exam course, which is proving to be popular! This affordable course is offered at a discounted price for a limited time.
- A Michigan Bar Exam Essay Course which is super-popular even among those who take standard commercial courses, as we give you a huge advantage on essay day. To read more about the Michigan Bar Exam Essay Course, please see this link.
- Private tutoring for the Michigan Bar Exam. You cannot beat one-on-one private tutoring. You can sign up for one session or 30 sessions (or any number in between). To learn about our private tutoring services, click here.
- A Michigan Bar Exam appeal. These are much harder to win now and whether you would be eligible would depend entirely on your score and the content of your essays. We are proud to have written ALL of the passing appeals in the State of Michigan for the July 2018 administration. If you would like to reserve a spot for an appeal, contact us here.
A few notes if you choose to reserve your spot for any of the above:
- First, you are not required to use the spot if you temporarily reserve the spot. It will merely be held for you until results are released. (Note: if you hold a spot for our on demand Michigan course, we will preserve the discount for you — which is $900 off — even if it has expired by the time you find results)
- Our full-service Michigan Bar Exam course and essay course fill up very quickly! We highly recommend an early reservation if you are worried you failed and are truly interested in one of these options.
- Just because you reserve a spot (as your Plan B!) does not mean you will “jinx yourself!” In fact, most of our students who reserve a with us end up not needing it (even though they are convinced they failed!). Why is this? It is because feelings do not correlate with results! This is is why — even if you are absolutely convinced you failed — you may have indeed passed! Please see this post about how to deal with worrying about bar exam results before they are released! You are also welcome to call us (248-228-5547) or email us (email@example.com) if you find you cannot stop worrying!
I’m Bored. What else Should I Do while I’m Waiting for Results?
If you are waiting for results:
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or “bar moon” as some call it). Anywhere. Being in an “in-between” stage of your life can feel awful in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on “The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results”.
- We have some work-related articles here that discuss how to start your own business, how to start your own law firm, polishing up your Linkedin profile, etc. These are especially useful if you are looking to put themselves in the best position to get a job while waiting for bar exam results.
If you failed the bar exam:
- I failed the bar exam. What should I do? Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on what to do!
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: 5 things to do differently.
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times, or four or more times): Here is a step-by-step guide to getting out of this vicious cycle!
- Should I rewatch lectures if I fail the bar exam? Generally the answer is no.
- How to tell your boss you failed the bar exam: What to say and what not to say.
- Lastly, check out our very popular note to those who failed the bar exam, quotes for those who failed the bar exam, and a list of famous people that failed the bar exam — you are not alone!
If you passed the bar exam:
- Read our note to those who passed the bar exam. It reminds you how to mind your bar exam manners and keep your friends, if you passed!
- A description of swearing-in ceremonies: If you are in Michigan and you pass the bar exam, you will need to have a swearing-in ceremony! Read all of our swearing-in ceremony posts here!
Good luck waiting for bar exam results!
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!