Uniform Bar Exam Essay Frequency—Which subjects come up the most?
If you are taking the Uniform Bar Exam, good for you for studying efficiently and analyzing Uniform Bar Exam essay frequency.
You can see from the above chart how specific subjects are tested on the Uniform Bar Exam. For example, you can see all of the following just by analyzing the Uniform Bar Exam Essay frequency chart:
- The subject that is tested the most is Civil Procedure. However, while this used to be a virtually guaranteed subject, it is being tested less and less (most likely because Civil Procedure was added to the multistate bar exam (MBE) in 2015, so the Examiners likely do not see the need to test it every time on the essays).
- The subject that is tested the least is Conflicts of Law. Conflicts of Law is always tested with another subject. (The Examiners like to test Conflicts of Law with Civil Procedure and Family Law but occasionally it is tested with a different subject, like Decedents’ Estates).
- Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure are tested a little less often. When Criminal Procedure is tested, it is sometimes tested with Evidence (and in a pretty predictable way).
- Torts is sometimes combined with Agency (July 2013 and Feb 2015 were examples of that).
- Usually, Agency and Partnership are tested or Corporations is tested instead. And usually, Trusts or Wills are tested.
- If you want to see which Uniform Bar Exam subjects are the most important to learn, check out this post.
Note that just like all subjects are not tested evenly on the Uniform Bar Exam, neither are the topics within each subject. It is worth your time to study efficiently for the essay portion of the Uniform Bar Exam! Check out our highly tested MEE topics (which comes with a free video and PDF!).
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)