As it nears the bar exam, you may wonder what the most important Uniform Bar Exam subjects are. After all, you want to focus your efforts on the subjects that will warrant the maximum amount of points. In this post, we talk about which subjects are most worth your time!
What are the Most Important Uniform Bar Exam Subjects to Learn?
The 7 multistate bar exam (MBE) subjects (Contracts and Sales, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Procedure, Civil Procedure, Evidence, Real Property, and Torts) are all important because you will see 25 scored MBE subjects on each of those subjects. Further, each of these subjects is fair game to show up on the multistate essay exam. Thus, these are the most important subjects as they are tested on the MBE exam in addition to frequently being tested on the multistate essay exam.
The subject that is tested the most on the multistate essay exam (MEE) is Civil Procedure.
If you look at our uniform bar exam frequency chart, you can see that it is tested on the vast majority of multistate essay exams. Thus, since Civil Procedure will make up 25 questions on the MBE and there is a good chance you will see an essay question on it, Civil Procedure is probably the most important Uniform Bar Exam Subject to learn well.
The second most important uniform bar exam subject is Contracts.
It is tested more frequently than the other MBE subjects on the MEE portion of the bar exam. However, the rest of the MBE subjects don’t fall too far behind.
The subjects that are tested on the MBE are the most important Uniform Bar Exam subjects to learn well due to the fact they are double tested.
The highly tested MEE subjects are also important to review.
In terms of the MEE, the most highly tested MEE-specific subjects lately have been Corporations & LLCs, Agency and Partnership, and Secured Transactions. Wills and Trusts are next in line. Family Law and Conflicts of Law are lower on the list.
Note that you should be prepared for any of these subjects to show up. However, you can prioritize especially during these last few weeks when you are reviewing.
These are less important than the MBE subjects because, unlike the MBE subjects, the MEE-specific subjects are not guaranteed to show up on the exam.
Remember to also focus on the highly tested topics when you study!
Just like some subjects are tested more than others, so are some topics. If you are wondering which topics to focus on within each subject, check out the highly tested MEE topics here and the highly tested MBE topics here.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!