As it nears the bar exam, you may wonder what the most important Uniform Bar Exam subjects are. After all, you want to focus your efforts on the subjects that will warrant the maximum amount of points. In this post, we talk about which subjects are most worth your time!
What are the Most Important Uniform Bar Exam Subjects to Learn?
The 7 multistate bar exam (MBE) subjects (Contracts and Sales, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Procedure, Civil Procedure, Evidence, Real Property, and Torts) are all important because you will see 25 scored MBE subjects on each of those subjects. Further, each of these subjects is fair game to show up on the multistate essay exam. Thus, these are the most important subjects as they are tested on the MBE exam in addition to frequently being tested on the multistate essay exam.
The subject that is tested the most on the multistate essay exam (MEE) is Civil Procedure.
If you look at our uniform bar exam frequency chart, you can see that it is tested on the vast majority of multistate essay exams. Thus, since Civil Procedure will make up 25 questions on the MBE and there is a good chance you will see an essay question on it, Civil Procedure is probably the most important Uniform Bar Exam Subject to learn well.
The second most important uniform bar exam subject is Contracts.
It is tested more frequently than the other MBE subjects on the MEE portion of the bar exam. However, the rest of the MBE subjects don’t fall too far behind.
The subjects that are tested on the MBE are the most important Uniform Bar Exam subjects to learn well due to the fact they are double tested.
The highly tested MEE subjects are also important to review.
In terms of the MEE, the most highly tested MEE-specific subjects lately have been Corporations & LLCs, Agency and Partnership, and Secured Transactions. Wills and Trusts are next in line. Family Law and Conflicts of Law are lower on the list.
Note that you should be prepared for any of these subjects to show up. However, you can prioritize especially during these last few weeks when you are reviewing.
These are less important than the MBE subjects because, unlike the MBE subjects, the MEE-specific subjects are not guaranteed to show up on the exam.
Remember to also focus on the highly tested topics when you study!
Just like some subjects are tested more than others, so are some topics. If you are wondering which topics to focus on within each subject, check out the highly tested MEE topics here and the highly tested MBE topics here.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)