If you are like many bar exam takers, you do not feel super comfortable with the multistate performance test portion of the exam. And, you have probably not really looked at it. And you are probably more worried about the MBE. And have just sort of hoped your intelligence and writing skills would allow you to skate by the MPT porton but now you are second-guessing that. (Which is good. Better to realize you need help now than when the exam is over!)
Well, the good news is, we have a multistate performance test tip that will help all of you beginners! And that is: to start with baby MPTs.
We have invented baby MPTs, based on a fake case (Morales v. Elliot). The baby MPTs have a short file, short library, and then four different task memos that allow you to practice the most common MPT tasks (objective memorandum, persuasive brief, demand letter, opinion letter) using the same file and library.
The advantages of the baby MPTs are as follows:
- You do not have to spend 90 minutes per MPT. They are shorter and to the point, so you still get the idea of how to approach an MPT answer and format an MPT, but you do not have to spend so long when you are just learning! Each of the four MPT tasks should take you less than half the amount of time a real MPT will take.
- We take you step-by-step through the MPT. We explain the common things you will see in the file, memo, and task memo, and what to pay attention to. You do not have to read hundreds of MPTs to figure it out on your own.
- They are a super efficient way to approach the MPT. We use the same file and library and just switch up the task memo. That way, you do not waste time sorting through facts and law you will never have to use again.
- You will feel more confident. After you complete the baby MPTs, you will feel better about your approach to the MPT. And you will feel ready to tackle regular MPTs!
You can see a sample of a baby MPT and practice an objective memo baby MPT in our free sample of our MPT guide. You can see a sample of the guide here. If you like it and find it helpful, then purchase the whole MPT guide!
Need Expert MPT Guidance?
🔥 Top-Rated MPT Resources
- New MPT One-Sheets: Discover crucial formats and tips distilled to simplicity.
- MPT Private Tutoring: Opt for personalized strategies and guidance to elevate your preparation.
- Bar Exam Crash Course and Mini Outlines: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the big picture.
- MPT Mastery Class: Deepen your understanding and skills for MPT excellence.
- Comprehensive MPT Guide: Navigate the MPT process with our step-by-step guide.
- Targeted MPT Feedback: Refine your approach with structural and organizational insights.
- Real MPT Questions Compilation (2000 to present): Engage in hands-on practice to enhance your readiness.
Plus, don’t miss our Free Bar Exam Resource Center filled with our top free resources and expert insights!