According the American Bar Association, the mean scaled score for the February 2016 bar exam has fallen to 135. This is approximately 1.2 points lower than it was for the February 2015 bar exam (which was 136.17).
In the past ten years, the mean scaled score for the February bar exam ranged from 135.7 to 138.6 with the average being 137.37. The February 2015 MBE scaled score was a 136.17. This drop to 135 is the lowest since the MBE scaled score has been for a February administration since 1983.
This is not a surprise after July 2015 bar exam results were released, as they were also the lowest they had been since 1988 (the scaled score for July was 139.9).
Did the low MBE score come as a surprise to the National Conference of Bar Examiners? No. According to the ABA, Erica Moeser, the President of the National Conference of Bar Examiner’s stated that the results were not a surprise and explained that she expected the “downward trend” in MBE scores was likely to continue for at least a couple more years.
Note: If you are wondering why February’s MBE scaled score is so much lower than July’s, note that February bar exam scores are almost always lower than July bar exam scores. This is generally attributed to the number of “repeat” bar exam takers that take the bar exam in February.
If you find yourself in the group of people that did not pass the February 2016 bar exam, and would like to know more about our private bar exam tutoring services, please contact us at your convenience. We are happy to help you! We specialize in UBE states, MEE states, California, New York, and Michigan, but have helped students nationwide.
If you have not found out your bar exam results (but are wondering when results are released, how they are released, if you will see your score, and if an appeal is possible) please see this post where we have information on how and when each state delivers bar exam results.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
Check out our February 2024 bar exam sale to save on our one-sheets, bar exam outlines, and mastery classes!
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Bar Exam Outlines: Our comprehensive and condensed bar exam outlines present key information in an organized, easy-to-digest layout.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!