How to Create a Bar Exam Vision Board
Note: This is a guest post from one of our bar exam students. In this post, she talks about how a bar exam vision board helped her to accomplish her goals and maintain her motivation throughout her bar exam study period.
If you are a visual person, or a repeat bar exam taker, or need an extra boost of motivation or inspiration when you are studying for the bar exam, then it might be a good idea to consider making a bar exam vision board.
How to Create a Bar Exam Vision Board – One Student’s Experience:
As a repeat bar exam taker, I became frustrated and depressed about my failures. Before taking the bar exam for the fourth time, I was adamant about doing something different to help me stay focused and encouraged along the journey. I always heard others talk about vision boards and how it helped them stay focused on their goals. Being a visual person, creating a vision board sounded like a great idea. After looking at some ideas on Pinterest, I was very inspired and immediately headed to the store for supplies. A vision board could consist of any of the following categories such as Spirituality, Career, family, relationships, finances, fitness, health, social, and other goals. Some people include various categories on their vision boards or one specific category. I chose various categories in addition to my Career.
Creating a vision board focused on my Career—i.e. passing the bar exam—was beneficial in so many ways. I visualized myself passing the next bar exam. On my Career category I wrote things like:
- I will see my seat number on the Michigan Bar Exam Passers list,
- I will pass the February 2016 bar exam,
- I will burn all bar exam prep books,
- I will throw a big party,
- I will become an Attorney,
- I will open my own law firm,
- I will mentor other bar exam repeat takers,
- I will pay it forward.
Every morning after saying my prayers, I stood in front of my vision board and repeated all of the above statements before studying. Seeing the vision on paper gave me hope, encouragement and courage to keep studying. When I got frustrated with my studies, I stood in front of the board and repeated the affirmations over and over. By doing so, I regained my focus and would get back to studying.
Some days I didn’t feel like getting out of bed, I was doubtful, tired and just on the verge of giving up; but the vision board gave me a visual reminder of my goals and dreams. And as a result, I got up and kept pushing past my fears, doubts and pain. In essence, the bar exam vision board helped me stay on track and not lose sight of my dreams. It was my daily cheerleader until the very end of my studies. Even while I now wait for my February bar exam results, I’m still repeating the affirmations. It keeps my hope alive, and takes away the doubtful thoughts that sometimes loom around the mind of a repeated taker like me. My bar exam vision board is a powerful reminder that my dreams are valid and will come to fruition at the appointed time. Which I believe by faith will be this May 2016!!!
Creating a bar exam vision board is very easy. You can check out Google or Pinterest for some great samples. Then create your own based on your personal goals and dreams.
This is just one of our student’s experience about what she did to motivate herself to get through the bar exam. If you have any tips on creating a bar exam vision board or any other ways to motivate yourself during bar exam preparation, please feel free to share them below!
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1149.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
We also have several additional MBE, MEE, and MPT products available.