February 2019 Illinois Bar Exam Results are Released!
It is not an April fools joke. Today, April 1, 2019, the Illinois Board of Admissions announced today that Illinois bar exam results have been released for the February 2019 Illinois bar exam.
Illinois also released a chart that shows the percentiles that each student scored in. You can see this pictured above. This tells you how you scored in relation to others on the Illinois bar exam. For example, if you received an overall score of 260, you received a score higher than 44% of examinees taking the February 2019 Illinois bar exam. If you received a score of 280, you scored higher than 72% of examinees taking the February 2019 Illinois bar exam.
If you passed the Illinois bar exam, congratulations! This is a major milestone in your career.
If you failed the Illinois bar exam:
If you did not pass the Illinois bar exam, we are very sorry! Remember it is not the end of the world! It is certainly devastating when you first find out, but every day gets better.
We have a great free guide on what to do if you failed the Illinois bar exam here! You can also contact us. We are happy to set up a call to talk about your score and how we can help you pass the next bar exam. We specialize in helping repeat takers pass the bar exam. Read a recent testimonial from someone who took our Uniform Bar Exam full-service course here:
My score prior to taking this course was a 236. While the bar examiners refuse to release my passing score, at minimum I made a 30 point jump to pass with a 266. I took the exam twice before taking the JD Advising UBE Course. I would highly recommend using this course versus any commercial course like Barbri or Kaplan. If I could go back I would have never signed up for a commercial course. Unlike commercial courses, JD Advising provided UBE outlines that were not as dense and multiple examples after each concept that actually make sense. Since I have trouble memorizing, this was a game changer because I was mentally capable of breaking down the concept and capable of associating the concept/topic with certain scenarios for practical use on the exam. Moreover, the UBE Course provided actual bar exam essay questions from the past, allowing everyone to practice questions that will likely be brought up on the actual exam. Lastly, the best way to study for this exam is improving your essays through constant feedback, quizzes that force you to memorize, short outlines with easy to learn mnemonics, and a proper strategy to attack the multiple choice which can only be learned through this course.
I received my Illinois Bar Exam results today and I am very happy to share with you that I passed the exam. I greatly appreciate all of your help throughout this process, all of the feedback on my essays, all of the nuanced questions that you were able to answer, and the constant motivation to master this exam. I hope the rest of the class was as lucky as I was.
Remember that beginning in July 2019, Illinois is offering the Uniform Bar Exam, rather than its state-specific bar exam. Thus, you will be answering two multistate performance test questions, six multistate essay exam questions, and 200 multiple-choice questions rather than any Illinois-specific essays.
Can I appeal my Illinois bar exam score?
Unfortunately, you cannot. Illinois makes it very clear that appeals are not allowed. They say in their scoring memo that the Board “does not entertain requests for review, regrading, or other relief.”
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)