It appears as though all of the numbers of those who passed the exam are posted (including those who have not passed the MPRE or have not received a character and fitness clearance. We could be wrong since the language isn’t exactly clear, but last July this is what the Board of Law Examiner’s did!)
Official results of the February 2015 Michigan bar exam have been mailed and applicants should expect to receive them in a few days – probably by Friday or Saturday. We always recommend that you wait until you receive official results before publicly announcing whether you passed or failed! So far as we know, Michigan has always accurately posted seat numbers, but it is wiser to wait since posting by seat number is relatively new! (The first time they posted by seat number was last February so this is their third time posting my seat number!)
We will be updating this post with more information including an overview of what the approximate percentage is of those who are listed versus those who took the exam.
If you passed the February 2015 Michigan bar examination, congratulations! Please check out this Congratulatory Note to those who Pass the Bar Exam, as well as a description of Michigan swearing-in ceremonies if you are in Michigan. Those in Michigan (and many states) will have to attend a swearing-in ceremony in order to get your P number and practice law. To our knowledge, there is NO other good, detailed information online about what a swearing-in ceremony actually is, so it may be worth it to check out the above post.
If you did not pass the February 2015 Michigan bar examination, we are very sorry! Check out this Note to those who Fail the Bar Exam for some encouragement as well as advice on where to go from here. Remember, you still may have the possibility of appeal depending on what your score is.
What if your seat number is not on the list?
To reiterate from an earlier post, there are two things you should do:
- First, make sure you had the right seat number. For the February 2014 and July 2014 bar exams (and thus, we suspect it is the same for this exam) the seat number that bar exam students should be looking for is the actual seat number that they were in (which might not necessarily be the same as the original seat number you were assigned).
- Second, do not panic. Wait for your results to be mailed to you and try not to freak out about it. If you were close to passing, definitely consider the possibility of appeal. Whether you are planning to appeal or considering retaking the exam – or if you want an opinion of what your best route is – please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com or call me at 248-228-5547 for a free consultation, no strings attached. We are happy to reserve your spot for appeal if you choose to use us! We love writing Michigan bar exam appeals and have had success at it!
What was the percentage of people that passed the February 2015 Michigan bar exam?
We have heard from unofficial sources that the passage rate is around 60.5% (which was very close to the passage rate for July 2014 which makes us think more and more that the Board is using this grading formula to control results! ). Because it is not clear the exact number of students who actually took the exam, this number could be wrong. We will post any updates to this post in the next few days.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!