It is February!! It is time to start seriously thinking about how you want to spend your next few weeks of bar prep to maximize your chances of passing the bar exam.
We have a list of recommendations as well as an essay exam to download below, but first we want to say that we have received several emails and phone calls from anxious bar exam takers who are starting to feel especially antsy since it is February. If you fall into this category, it is a good idea to remind yourself that you still have three weeks, that you have been working hard up until this point, that you have learned a lot, that you do not have to get perfect (or even near-perfect!) scores to pass — and that in fact you need a 135/200 or a 67.5% — or a D+ — to pass. So take a deep breath, and get ready to conquer February! What should you be doing this last month?
We recommend that you:
- Finish learning the law this week. Haven’t looked at Con Law or Civ Pro yet? Dive into those this week. Whatever substantive topics you have left, make sure to review them. If you have trouble with an area of law, call us or email us to set up a session. Get it done right this time so you don’t have to take this exam again!
- Make a schedule. Please visit this link to make a bar review schedule for the last couple weeks. It is very important to come up with a good, solid, schedule that will help you pull all you have learned together so you can answer questions correctly.
- Implement practice exams into your schedule. Students fail the bar exam every single time for timing issues. Do not fall into this category. For your convenience, we have attached a mock six-question exam with model answers. This exam is created by us but we try to have it mirror the “afternoon” portion of a bar exam. It mirrors issues we think could be coming up on future bar exams. The questions are taken from old exams (the 90’s and early 2000’s) to minimize the chance that you have looked at them in the past. We have also included answers as well.
The MOCK SIX-QUESTION PRACTICE ESSAY EXAM FOR MICHIGAN BAR TAKERS IS HERE: JD ADVISING EXAM 6 QUESTIONS
The Examiner’s Analysis released by the Board of Law Examiners for each question is here: JD ADVISING EXAM 6 ANSWERS
Do you want us to grade them for you and give you honest, last-minute feedback? We are happy to do that (although we will have to charge for our time!) If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!