When will the February 2023 Washington DC Bar Exam Results be Released?
February 2023 Washington DC bar exam results are usually released around the beginning of May. (Our formal prediction is Wednesday, May 10, 2023; update: results were released 4 PM ET April 21, 2023) Note that last administration, the DC Board stated ahead of time when results would be released. So stay tuned to their website as they will likely do the same thing this administration.
Note that Washington D.C. seems to like releasing results on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays for the most part. Read below for more information.
When will the February 2023 Washington DC Bar Exam Results be Released?
You can judge for yourself when you think February 2023 Washington D.C. Bar Exam results will be released. The last several results dates for the Washington D.C. bar exam are posted below. This includes the day of the week they have been released.
Note: Washington D.C., will sometimes update its website with the results release date. Please check there to see if their website is updated!
Washington DC Bar Exam Results Release Dates from Past February Administrations
- February 2023: April 21, 2023 (45% pass rate) (271/606 takers)
- February 2022: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 (42% pass rate) (162/384 takers)
- February 2021: Thursday, May 13 (47% pass rate) (314/665 takers)
- February 2020: Friday, May 29 (38.7% pass rate) (811 takers)
- February 2019: Monday, May 20 (49% pass rate) (385/785 takers)
- February 2018: Wednesday, May 16 (47% pass rate) (294/623 takers)
- February 2017: Friday, May 12 (46% pass rate) (230/496 takers)
- February 2016: Friday, May 6 (44% pass rate) (142/324 takers)
- February 2015: Friday, May 1 (37 % pass rate) (102/271 takers)
- February 2014: Thursday, May 8 (47% pass rate) (132/280 takers)
- February 2013: Wednesday, May 1 (46% pass rate) (105/229 takers)
- February 2012: Wednesday, April 25 (46% pass rate) (110/237 takers)
- February 2011: Wednesday, April 27 (48% pass rate) (100/210 takers)
We have an in-depth post on when all states’ results will be released here!
What will the passage rate for February 2023 DC Bar be?
We think it will be a little under 50%, consistent with past results.
How will you find out whether you passed the DC bar exam?
You will be notified of your exact score via mail. An alphabetical list of successful applicants will be posted in the office of the Clerk on the second floor of the Courthouse. This list will also be posted on the D.C. website here.
Previously, takers were notified ahead of time when results would be posted. So please keep checking the website!
I’m Worried I Failed! Can I Reserve a Spot for Tutoring/Courses?
Yes. If you are reading this pre-bar exam, you can reach out to us ASAP for tutoring. If you are reading this post-bar exam, you are still welcome to reserve a spot for one of our courses or services. We also highly recommend our On Demand course which comes with prerecorded lectures and all the same materials as our premium course! We also have private tutoring options by experienced tutors.
*Note, just because you reserve a spot (as your Plan B!) does not mean you will jinx yourself! In fact, most of our students who reserve a with us end up not needing it (even though they are convinced they failed!). Why is this? It is because feelings do not correlate with results! This is is why—even if you are absolutely convinced you failed, you may have indeed passed! Please see this post about how to deal with worrying about bar exam results before they are released! You are also welcome to call us (248-228-5547) or email us (email@example.com) if you find you cannot stop worrying.
If you want to come up with your Plan B early, read this post: “I failed the Washington DC bar exam. What should I do?” Having a Plan B will help relieve anxiety while you wait for results.
Wondering what to do while you wait for February 2023 Washington DC Bar Exam Results?
While you wait for your February 2023 Washington DC bar exam results to be released, we recommend that you read these articles:
- Check out our new video on how post-bar exam feelings do not correlate with bar exam results! This is great for people feeling very anxious post-bar exam!
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or bar moon as some call it). Anywhere. Being in an in-between stage of your life can be difficult in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on “The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results”. This will help you come up with your “plan A” and “plan B”.
- We have some work-related articles here that discuss how to start your own business, how to start your own law firm, polishing up your LinkedIn profile, etc. These are especially useful if you are looking to put yourself in the best position to get a job while waiting for bar exam results.
If you failed the bar exam
- Read our “I failed the bar exam” Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ guide)
- Will anyone know if I failed the bar exam? A state-by-state guide
- I failed the Washington DC bar exam. What should I do? This is tailored to Washington DC!
- Read this detailed guide on what to do if you failed the Uniform Bar Exam.
- Read this post on what your UBE score report means.
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: five things to do differently.
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times, or four or more times): Here is a step-by-step guide to getting out of this vicious cycle!
- Should I rewatch lectures if I fail the bar exam? Generally, the answer is no.
- How to tell your boss you failed the bar exam: What to say and what not to say.
- I failed the bar exam. What should I do? Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on what to do!
- Lastly, check out our very popular note to those who failed the bar exam, quotes for those who failed the bar exam, and a list of famous people that failed the bar exam—you are not alone!
If you passed the bar exam
- Read our note to those who passed the bar exam. It reminds you how to mind your bar exam manners (and keep your friends) if you passed!
- A description of swearing-in ceremonies: It is true that this is focused on Michigan, but they are pretty similar everywhere!
Good luck waiting for February 2023 Washington DC bar exam results!!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!