When will February 2019 Washington DC Bar Exam Results be Released?
Washington DC bar exam results are usually released around the beginning of May. (Our formal prediction is Thursday, May 16.) Note that last administration, the DC Board stated ahead of time when results would be released. So stay tuned to their website as they may do the same thing this administration.
UPDATE: DC ANNOUNCED BAR EXAM RESULTS WERE TO BE RELEASED BY 5:00 PM ON MAY 20, 2019!
Note that the Washington D.C. seems to like releasing results on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays for the most part. Read below for more information.
When will February 2019 Washington DC Bar Exam Results be Released?
You can judge for yourself when you think February 2019 Washington D.C. Bar Exam results will be released. The last several results dates for the Washington D.C. bar exam are posted below. This includes the day of the week they have been released.
Washington DC Bar Exam Results Release Dates
from Past February Administrations:
- February 2019: Monday, May 20 (49% pass rate) (385/785 takers)
- February 2018: Wednesday, May 16 (47% pass rate) (294/623 takers)
- February 2017: Friday, May 12 (46% pass rate) (230/496 takers)
- February 2016: Friday, May 6 (44% pass rate) (142/324 takers)
- February 2015: Friday, May 1 (37 % pass rate) (102/271 takers)
- February 2014: Thursday, May 8 (47% pass rate) (132/280 takers)
- February 2013: Wednesday, May 1 (46% pass rate) (105/229 takers)
- February 2012: Wednesday, April 25 (46% pass rate) (110/237 takers)
- February 2011: Wednesday, April 27 (48% pass rate) (100/210 takers)
Because the amount of DC takers has increased—and continues to increase every administration—we suspect DC bar exam results will be released later yet again this year. (If you are wondering why the number of DC takers has increased, we suspect it is because (a) DC is a Uniform Bar Exam jurisdiction and (b) DC allows bar takers to “transfer” MBE scores or written scores from other states where an examinee may have failed before. Check out this post for more information.)
While the government shutdown caused some examinees to transfer their applications, we still think that despite this, the number of DC bar exam takers will be high this February.
What will the passage rate for February 2019 DC Bar be?
We think it will remain around 50%.
How will you find out whether you passed the DC bar exam?
You will be notified of your exact score via mail. An alphabetical list of successful applicants will be posted in the office of the Clerk on the second floor of the Courthouse. This list will also be posted on the D.C. website here.
Last July, takers were notified ahead of time when results would be posted. So please keep checking the DC website!
Note: We heard last year that if you only took the essay portion of the bar exam, that your name was posted on the past list. (This was different in years past!) If you have other information regarding this, please let us know in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep this post updated! We do not know if you will see your name on the pass list or if you have to be notified via mail so it is best to check with the board.
Yes. If you are reading this pre-bar exam, you can reach out to us ASAP for tutoring. If you are reading this post-bar exam, you are still welcome to reserve a spot for one of our courses or services. The best deal that we offer for your money is our highly regarded, small group Uniform bar exam course. It also fills up the most quickly as spots are very limited. So we highly recommend early application or reservation. It is tailored to exactly what is tested on the Uniform Bar exam. *Note: You are not required to use the spot if you temporarily reserve the spot. It will merely be held for you.
If you are one of the lucky ones that only has to take the essay portion of the DC bar exam, you should also check out our myriad additional resources, including our MEE one-sheets (for sale in our online store), an MEE seminar and our MEE course. We also offer private tutoring for the UBE. Note: We limit the number of students for private tutoring and that can attend our seminar and course so we recommend you reserve your spot early.
*Note, just because you reserve a spot (as your Plan B!) does not mean you will “jinx yourself!” In fact, most of our students who reserve a with us end up not needing it (even though they are convinced they failed!). Why is this? It is because feelings do not correlate with results! This is is why — even if you are absolutely convinced you failed — you may have indeed passed! Please see this post about how to deal with worrying about bar exam results before they are released! You are also welcome to call us (248-228-5547) or email us (email@example.com) if you find you cannot stop worrying.
If you want to come up with your “Plan B” early, read this post: “I failed the Washington DC bar exam. What should I do?” Having a Plan B will help relieve anxiety while you wait for results.
Wondering what to do while you wait for
February 2019 Washington DC Bar Exam Results?
We have the option to sign up for weekly “waiting for bar exam” tips below!
While you wait for your February 2019 Washington DC bar exam results to be released, we recommend that you read these articles
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or “bar moon” as some call it). Anywhere. Being in an “in-between” stage of your life can be difficult in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on “The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results”. This will help you come up with your “plan A” and “plan B”.
- We have some work-related articles here that discuss how to start your own business, how to start your own law firm, polishing up your Linkedin profile, etc. These are especially useful if you are looking to put themselves in the best position to get a job while waiting for bar exam results.
If you failed the bar exam
- I failed the Washington DC bar exam. What should I do? This is tailored to Washington DC!
- Read this detailed guide on what to do if you failed the Uniform Bar Exam.
- Read this post on what your UBE score report means.
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: 5 things to do differently.
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times, or four or more times): Here is a step-by-step guide to getting out of this vicious cycle!
- Should I rewatch lectures if I fail the bar exam? Generally, the answer is no.
- How to tell your boss you failed the bar exam: What to say and what not to say.
- I failed the bar exam. What should I do? Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on what to do!
- Lastly, check out our very popular note to those who failed the bar exam, quotes for those who failed the bar exam, and a list of famous people that failed the bar exam — you are not alone!
If you passed the bar exam
- Read our note to those who passed the bar exam. It reminds you how to mind your bar exam manners (and keep your friends) if you passed!
- A description of swearing-in ceremonies: It is true that this is focused on Michigan, but they are pretty similar everywhere!
Good luck waiting for February 2019 Washington DC bar exam results!!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!