Uniform Bar Exam Essay Topics: Here is What you Need to Know!
Uniform Bar Exam Essay Topics: Here is What You Need to Know!
If you are taking the Uniform Bar Exam, you may wonder which Uniform Bar Exam essay topics you need to know in order to pass the bar exam. Uniform Bar Exam states administer the multistate essay exam (MEE), which is written by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE). So, when we refer to Uniform Bar Exam essay topics, we will often be referring to the MEE.
The MEE is composed of six questions. You have three hours to answer the six questions (so you should plan on spending about thirty minutes on each question).
There are 14 potential subjects which could be tested in a given exam. Usually, the NCBE tests one subject per question but occasionally it will combine two subjects together.
The 14 Uniform Bar Exam essay topics that could be tested on the Uniform Bar Exam are the following:
- Agency & Partnership
- Corporations & LLCs
- Civil Procedure
- Conflict of Laws
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Family Law
- Real Property
- Trusts and Future Interests
- Decedents’ Estates (Wills)
- Secured Transactions
A few notes on these Uniform Bar Exam essay topics:
- Commercial Paper used to be tested on the MEE but no longer is. (So if you see references to that in your study material, you can ignore it!)
- Not all subjects are tested equally. For example, Civil Procedure is tested more often than any other subject. (We suspect it will be tested less with the addition of Civil Procedure to the MBE in 2015, but it still remains the most highly tested subject!) Further, Conflict of Laws is not tested very often and is not a standalone subject (meaning, you will always see it combined with another subject–usually it is tested with Civil Procedure or Family Law but has occasionally been tested with Wills).
- Sometimes a subject is combined with another subject. For example, Torts and Agency are frequently tested together. And Evidence and Criminal Procedure have been tested together recently.
- To read more about the highly tested MEE subjects, see this post. To read more about the highly tested MEE topics within each subject, see this post.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1149.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)
We also have several additional MBE, MEE, and MPT products available.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!