If you are looking to boost your Uniform Bar Exam score at the last minute, good for you! There is a large “cluster” of students that barely pass or barely fail the exam. So, doing everything you can the last week of bar prep is a great idea. In this post, we cover three last-minute Uniform Bar Exam tips to boost your score!
Three Last-Minute Uniform Bar Exam Tips to Boost Your Score!
The first two tips on here relate to the writing portion of the Uniform Bar Exam (that is, they focus on the MPT and MEE). The last one is about getting in a positive mindset. Note that most people obsess over the MBE during their final days of bar prep–and it is not bad to focus on MBE topics or questions–but the fastest way to make the biggest strides in your bar exam score for most students is to focus on the writing portion. It is often much easier to improve your written score in a short amount of time than it is your MBE score. This is especially the case if you have been focusing on the MBE more than the written portion up until now (which most people do!). If you have been ignoring the MBE until now, or you still need to dedicate time to it, check out our last-minute MBE tips here!
1. Learn multistate performance test (MPT) formats and jot out some answers to MPT questions.
While this may seem like an odd tip to put first, it is really critical to boosting your score for two reasons:
- First, a little bit of MPT practice can go a long way in boosting your MPT score. Many students procrastinate studying for the MPT portion of the exam so much that they end up virtually completely ignoring it and sometimes never practicing even one MPT before the exam. Check out our MPT one-sheet here and our MPT guide here if you are just beginning your MPT studies. Dedicating time to this the last week of bar exam prep will help you a lot!
- Second, though it switches off, in many jurisdictions the MPT is administered first. Thus, it sets the tone for the bar exam day. If you really do great on the MPT, you will walk into the multistate essay exam (MEE) and MBE with a positive mindset. If you run out of time and completely bomb it, you are starting off the bar exam on the wrong foot and it could affect your mental state which, in turn, affects your scores for the remaining portions of the bar exam.
2. Review the highly tested MEE topics!
The highly tested topics are imperative to review because they are the topics most likely to appear on the upcoming exam. The NCBE does not reinvent the wheel every bar exam. It frequently retests what it has tested in the past. So, especially when time is limited, it is crucial you spend it effectively!
How do you figure out the highly-tested areas of law?
- The free way is to go to this link on highly tested MEE topics and download our free PDF and/or watch our youtube video. We tell you the exact areas to focus on. This is 100% free and it provides a comprehensive overview!
- We have a Multistate Essay Exam seminar which is available instantly upon checkout along with a corresponding PDF of (a) highly tested issues and (b) issues we think are coming up. This seminar gets glowing reviews, is attended by hundreds of students, and often quite accurate (last July over 90% of the MEE was covered by the seminar!). Many students call it their best investment of time and money before the bar exam!
- You can also purchase our MEE one-sheets (we offer priority express or overnight delivery options).
3. Get in the right mental state.
Many students underestimate the importance of being the proper mental state when they take the bar exam. If you are nervous, panicky, and picture yourself failing, that may very well become a self-fulfilling prophecy! So invest time and energy into building a positive mindset. It can make a huge difference in your exam performance.
Instead of summarizing how to get into the best mindset to take the bar exam, please read our five essential last-minute bar exam tips here. We tell you exactly how to make sure you are mentally prepared for this exam!
Looking for more last minute tips?
- You can read more last minute MBE tips here! We give you a stellar guide on how to prepare for the MBE!
- Read more last minute MEE tips here!
- Read more last minute MPT tips here!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!