The Third Edition of our book, How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam, is Available!
We are excited to announce the 2019 edition of our book, how to pass the Michigan Bar Exam. This book is updated to include more MBE information, updated essay tips, and an entirely new chapter on the Michigan bar exam application process. (Read more below!)
This book is available here in our online store.
Note: if you attended Wayne State University Law School or University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, do not purchase this book from us as your school will provide one to you for free or at a discounted rate.
In the latest edition of our book, we have the following improvements:
- A new chapter on the Michigan Bar Exam application process, written by Sarah Garrison, who is the Director of Bar Preparation at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. (We recommend you get this book before you start your bar app!)
- Updated one-sheets! These one-sheets cover the most highly tested areas of law on the essay portion.
- Our full MBE guide. Our MBE guide contains a detailed description of how to pass the Multistate Bar Exam, with tips on each portion of the exam.
- An updated and detailed essay guide.
- Select essay questions, model answers, and student answers from 2014 – 2018.
- Updated tips for studying for the Michigan bar exam.
Interested in purchasing the book? Purchase it here!
Wonder what people are saying about the book?
Here is a recent testimonial:
Thank you for publishing that wonderful book! After failing before, I finally passed. And as I left the exam after the first day I thought to myself “if I pass, it is because of those one page JD Advising sheets!” I am a single, working mom who is very committed to her kids; it’s simply not possible for me to cram like other bar examinees. Those one page sheets made it manageable. You helped me prioritize my limited time. I just literally could not memorize everything Barbri expected (where does one with limited time even start when they stress we should know everything!?!?) but I could memorize those sheets. Also, your tips on how to structure the essays were immensely helpful. Even the basics about the exam and other study programs were really eye-opening. I was so angry when I learned Barbri just made up their own questions! I bought the MBE book you recommended in your book (Emanuel I think?) so I could study ACTUAL questions. That helped enormously as well.