Why to Take the August MPRE (and take it seriously!)
The August MRPE will be here before we know it. The exam will take place on Saturday, August 15, 2015.
A lot of students sign up for the August MPRE and don’t take it seriously because they know they can take it again in November if they need to. However, we advise against that mentality.
The MPRE is something that should be given a fair amount of attention. Just like any other scholastic venture, the amount of time and attention it requires depends on the individual taking the exam. But, no matter how you tend to fair with standardized exams, the MPRE definitely requires some level of studying for everyone that takes it.
There are always rumors going around that you do not have to study at all for the MPRE or that you only should dedicate a few hours to studying. Unfortunately, these rumors are not true for most people! Even if you are one of the few people that doesn’t have to put in a lot of time, it certainly doesn’t hurt to dedicate the extra time to it so that you maximize your chances of never having to take it again! (If you are looking for study tips, we have plenty of study tips for the MPRE.)
The benefits of actually studying for (and passing) the August MPRE exam are as follows:
- You don’t have to think about it the MPRE material until you revisit the material for the bar (if your state tests it on the bar exam! Many states do not!).
- You get it out of the way before classes start back up.
- You won’t have to think about it when it comes time to start your bar application. You will have a check next to that portion of your application before you even start!
- Furthermore, you will ensure that you can take the next bar exam offered. A couple of states do not let you take the bar exam until you have a passing MPRE score. (Some only let you take the bar exam once before obtaining a passing score. States vary in how they approach this.)
It is also a good idea to not look at the November MPRE as your “back up” plan. The down side of having to re-take the November exam is that you will be deep in the semester with plenty of other things to focus on. Plus, no matter how much time you think you will have, you generally won’t find time to study unless something else, usually another class, suffers.
Looking for an excellent FREE MPRE course? Our free MPRE course comes with a free outline, free MPRE practice questions, and free instruction by an MPRE expert. It is rated five stars by our students! You can enroll here!
Looking to Pass the MPRE?
We offer the following services:
- A free MPRE Course that comes with expert instruction, a free outline, free practice questions, and free one-sheet! This course is rated 5/5 stars by our students!
- Real MPRE questions, which are the best way to ensure you are prepared for the questions on test day!
- MPRE private tutoring to help you learn everything you need to pass the MPRE, including an MPRE outline and an MPRE study plan tailored to your individualized needs.
- A variety of excellent and free MPRE resources to help you conquer the MPRE.