The Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s recently posted the pre-appeals Michigan bar exam results statistics from the July 2015 Michigan bar exam on their website.
According to those Michigan bar exam results statistics, the overall passage rate was 61%. First-time takers had a passage rate of 71% and repeat-takers had a passage rate of 22%.
The schools, ranked from highest-to-lowest passage rate are as follows:
- University of Michigan – 89% passage rate, (32/36 students passed).
- Michigan State University Law School (tied with out-of-state law schools) had a 74% passage rate. At MSU 97/131 students taking the bar exam passed.
- Wayne State University Law School had a 72% passage rate (93/129 students passed).
- University of Detroit Michigan had a 57% passage rate (62/108 students passed).
- Thomas M. Cooley law school had a 39% passage rate (104/266 students passed).
The passage rate for the state of Michigan has been held steady at around 60% for the last few administrations. We imagine it will remain about the same for the foreseeable future, including the February 2016 bar exam.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!