The Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s recently posted the pre-appeals Michigan bar exam results statistics from the July 2015 Michigan bar exam on their website.
According to those Michigan bar exam results statistics, the overall passage rate was 61%. First-time takers had a passage rate of 71% and repeat-takers had a passage rate of 22%.
The schools, ranked from highest-to-lowest passage rate are as follows:
- University of Michigan – 89% passage rate, (32/36 students passed).
- Michigan State University Law School (tied with out-of-state law schools) had a 74% passage rate. At MSU 97/131 students taking the bar exam passed.
- Wayne State University Law School had a 72% passage rate (93/129 students passed).
- University of Detroit Michigan had a 57% passage rate (62/108 students passed).
- Thomas M. Cooley law school had a 39% passage rate (104/266 students passed).
The passage rate for the state of Michigan has been held steady at around 60% for the last few administrations. We imagine it will remain about the same for the foreseeable future, including the February 2016 bar exam.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!