How Many Points do I Need to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam on Appeal?
Many people have been contacting us and asking us if it is worth it to appeal their bar exam scores. Many clients are very curious about their prospects of passing the Michigan bar exam on appeal. We wrote a post about this last administration but given the high influx of calls, we figured it would be worth it to quickly update the post for this time.
A big factor in making the decision to appeal is to figure out how many points you need to pass the Michigan bar exam on appeal. Since the Board of Law Examiner’s uses an undisclosed scoring method, it is difficult to discern based on scores alone. We found a better way to accurately determine what you need.
Update 1/1/23: Michigan no longer allows examinees to appeal their bar exam score! We will no longer be writing appeals for Michigan Bar Exam takers.
How Many Points Do I Need to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam on Appeal?
The best way to figure out how many points you need to pass your Michigan bar exam appeal, is to call the Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s and ask! One of our blog readers also informed us that emailing them works too (for those of you who want it in writing!)! Their number and email can be found here. Tell them your name and your seat number and they will plug in the numbers and tell you how many points you need to pass the Michigan bar exam on appeal.
How Many Points Do People with My Score Normally need on Appeal?
While there is no exact way to figure it out without calling the Board, we have noticed distinct patterns in ow many points specific scores need. This is what we have found is true for the July 2015 Michigan bar exam appeal-ers’
- If you have a score of 134, you likely need one or two points.
- If you have a score of 133, you will likely need between two and three points.
- If you have a score of 132, you will likely need between three and five points.
- If you have a score of 131, you will likely need five to seven points.
- A score of 130 will likely require seven to eight points.
- A score of 129 likely requires about nine points, but could require more.
The Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s will use your essay score, MBE score, and overall score to make the exact determination for you.
What Other Information should I know about the Michigan Bar Exam Appeal’s Process?
We recommend you read the following Michigan bar exam appeal articles if you are considering appealing your Michigan bar exam score: (If you want to read all of our posts, click here: Michigan Bar Exam Appeals – or click on specific posts below):
- Should I appeal my Michigan Bar Exam Score? We tell you how to figure it out in this post.
- How to Choose a Michigan Bar Exam Appeal Attorney If you are considering hiring an attorney, please read our article on how to choose one and which questions you must make sure to ask!
- Michigan bar exam appeals testimonials from our firm. Here are what people are saying about us!
- How to Write a Michigan Bar Exam Appeal. This is for those looking to write their own appeal. It provides a lot of guidance so you do not make the same mistakes that we see a lot of people make!
- What is a Michigan Bar Exam Appeal and how does the process work? This reveals exactly how the Michigan bar exam appeals process works!
- Should I write my own Michigan bar exam appeal or have someone write it on my behalf? This answers a question that a lot of potential clients ask us! The answer depends on a number of factors, which we detail in this post.
- How many points should I request on my Michigan bar exam appeal? Should you be realistic and request 3 or should you be ambitious and ask for 20? We reveal the strategies we see work the best!
- How to Win your Michigan Bar Exam Appeal – Five Common Mistakes to Avoid.
- Michigan Bar Exam Appeals Statistics – Here is everything we know about Michigan bar exam statistics.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam on Appeal?
Check out our information on Michigan bar exam appeals here. JD Advising founder and her partner founded the Heidemann Jabbori law firm. This firm frequently writes the vast majority of passing appeals in the State of Michigan. It wrote all of the passing appeals in Michigan for the July 2018 Michigan bar administration.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] How Many Points do I Need to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam on Appeal? This will give you an approximate number. […]
Comments are closed.