July 2018 MPT Predictions
If you are wondering what tasks you might be asked to complete on the MPT this July, here are our thoughts. Generally, the Examiners want to see whether students can write both objectively and persuasively, usually you will see one objective task and one persuasive task. Read further to see our MPT predictions.
July 2018 MPT Predictions
1. Persuasive Brief – TESTED!
The first of our MPT predictions is a persuasive brief. The objective memo and persuasive brief account for at least 70% of all tasks tested during the last ten years. For the February 2018 administration, both were tested. We think it is highly likely that examinees will be asked to complete one of these tasks. Since February 2013 students were asked to write an objective memo ten times and a persuasive brief six times. Thus, our best guess is that examinees will be asked to write a persuasive brief in July.
If you are unfamiliar with how to format a brief, take a look at our post on how to format a persuasive brief on the MPT here.
2. A Letter – NOT TESTED! (A “WILDCARD” TASK WAS TESTED INSTEAD.)
The second of our MPT predictions is a letter. After the objective memo and the persuasive brief, the next most commonly tested tasks are opinion letters and demand letters. We think that if you are asked to complete a memo or a brief for one of the tasks, the other task will most likely be a letter – either a demand letter or an opinion letter. Opinion letters are generally written to clients and provide an objective view of the possible courses of action available to them. If you are feeling unsure about this task, check out our post on how to draft an opinion letter here. Demand letters generally ask the recipient of the letter to take particular action, thus it is a persuasive task. If you are looking for tips, take a moment to read our post on how to format a demand letter.
Note: We want to emphasize that you should not rely on these predictions! You should take the time to review all of the commonly tested tasks on the MPT in addition to a few uncommon tasks.
Looking for MEE predictions?
Check out ourMEE predictions here!
Need Expert MPT Guidance?
🔥 Top-Rated MPT Resources
- New MPT One-Sheets: Discover crucial formats and tips distilled to simplicity.
- MPT Private Tutoring: Opt for personalized strategies and guidance to elevate your preparation.
- Bar Exam Crash Course and Mini Outlines: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the big picture.
- MPT Mastery Class: Deepen your understanding and skills for MPT excellence.
- Comprehensive MPT Guide: Navigate the MPT process with our step-by-step guide.
- Targeted MPT Feedback: Refine your approach with structural and organizational insights.
- Real MPT Questions Compilation (2000 to present): Engage in hands-on practice to enhance your readiness.
Plus, don’t miss our Free Bar Exam Resource Center filled with our top free resources and expert insights!