How to Structure an MEE Answer
In this video, we tell you how to structure your MEE answer. We show you exactly how to use IRAC (and how not to use it). If you are taking the bar exam, it is not enough to write the exact same kind of essay you wrote in law school. You don’t want to write a law school essay in response to a bar exam question!
Instead, make sure you tweak your approach so that you are writing a high scoring bar exam essay. Bar exam essays are, in many ways, easier to write than law school essays. It is just a matter of getting familiar with the proper bar exam essay format.
In this video, we tell you how to structure a Multistate Essay Exam answer. We also tell you common mistakes students make, and how to avoid them. Some common mistakes are:
- paying too much attention to writing eloquently and not enough time answering the call of the question
- not answering the questions posed
- not having a good idea of who the grader actually is
- not writing in an organized manner using IRAC.
Here, we tell you how to use the concept of “positive attention” to boost your bar exam score!
We show you an actual example of how to structure your answer so you visually understand exactly what to do when you are answering an MEE question!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)