Four Essential Bar Exam Supplies
Taking the bar exam is an involved process with lots of moving parts. First-time and repeat test-takers know that there’s a lot more preparation for the bar exam than simply showing up expecting to take the test. There’s how to get to the testing center, what and where to eat for lunch, and how to manage emotions. There’s how to handle the person with a stuffy nose that’s sitting next to you and what to do if you blank on a question. Don’t even get us started about the possibility of your laptop crashing! There’s also the subject of this blog article – what bar exam supplies to bring with you which we discuss in more detail below.
Four Essential Bar Exam Supplies
At the top of the list of essential bar exam supplies is your laptop and laptop charger. For most students, your laptop is literally the tool you are going to use to pass the exam! Having to suddenly pivot to handwriting the exam will likely only make you more nervous and can impact your performance.
Additionally, each day of the Bar Exam is roughly six hours long from start to finish. This means your laptop has to be firing on all cylinders for six hours straight. Without a charger, it’s likely to die around hour four or five (or sooner!), which you obviously want to avoid. To avoid any this issue, double-check to make sure you have both your laptop and charger before leaving for the testing facility.
Every bar exam sitting, regardless of the state administering it, will require applicants to prove their identity. This means either a passport, driver’s license, or some other form of identification. Applicants will also be required to bring their admittance ticket with them into the testing center. A failure to bring these items will most certainly result in panic, anxiety, and unnecessary complications on a morning where there’s already enough on your plate. Proctors will check with other proctors on the rules, administration officials may be called, and it can get stressful. Do not forget to bring these items with you to the Bar Exam!
For those of you planning to grab lunch at a local restaurant during the bar exam’s lunch break, this advice is for you. For some students, remembering to bring cash or credit cards to the bar exam can be the difference between lunch and no lunch. While you might be able to ask a friend to borrow a couple of bucks to grab a sandwich, don’t bank on this. People are stressed while taking the bar exam, and many like to keep to themselves during the lunch break. Make sure you have the materials necessary to buy lunch if that’s what you plan to do!
Forgetting prescription medication during the bar exam can not only be inconvenient but also potentially dangerous. Nothing is more important than your physical and mental health, so remembering to bring any prescription medication is essential. Whether it’s an inhaler for asthma or medication to manage an illness, make sure you don’t leave home without it!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!