February 2018 Washington DC bar exam results were released late (May 16!). If you failed the February 2018 Washington DC bar exam, you are certainly not alone. The DC courts have revealed that 294 of the 623 applicants passed the exam.
This is very much in line with recent statistics:
- February 2017: (46% pass rate) (230/496 takers)
- February 2016: (44% pass rate) (142/324 takers)
- February 2015: (37 % pass rate) (102/271 takers)
- February 2014: (47% pass rate) (132/280 takers)
- February 2013: (46% pass rate) (105/229 takers)
- February 2012: (46% pass rate) (110/237 takers)
- February 2011: (48% pass rate) (100/210 takers)
The primary difference between the February 2018 Washington DC bar exam and the recent February bar exams is the increase in bar exam takers. For various reasons, the Washington DC bar exam has become more popular. In 2011-2015, the Washington DC bar exam takers numbered in the 200’s. In February 2018, 623 applicants took the Washington DC bar exam!
If you failed the Washington DC bar exam, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- First, do not assume that you “bombed” the exam. DC will give you information about your bar exam score in due time. Until then, recognize that you may have missed it by just a little bit (or perhaps you even passed one portion–meaning, you only have to take the other portion in July!)
If you retained a score of 133 on the MBE or essay portion, you can ask the D.C. Bar if they will allow you to only take the portion of the exam that you failed. You will have to receive a 133 or above on that portion. (This option is available for 25 months after passing a portion of the exam.)
- Second, once you have your results, check out this post on what to do if you failed the Washington DC bar exam. We give you a step-by-step plan for conquering this exam!
If you failed the February 2018 Washington Bar Exam, you are not alone and you can definitely get past it! Please feel free to contact us if you are looking for guidance on what to do next!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)