I Failed The Arkansas Bar Exam. What Should I Do?
Arkansas bar exam results have been released! If you failed the Arkansas bar exam, you may wonder what the next step is. You probably feel disappointment, anxiety, and dread at having to handle it again.You may wonder what you should do next. Below we provide you with some advice on the process of having to study and sit for the Arkansas bar exam again. However, before diving into these steps, take some time to let yourself have a break. Read this note to those who failed the bar exam. You may even want to read over this list of famous people who failed the bar exam so you know you are not alone!
I Failed The Arkansas Bar Exam. What Should I Do?
Carefully review your score report.
The minimum passing scaled score on the Arkansas Bar Exam is 270 (out of a possible 400 points). Your overall score breaks down as follows: the MBE is worth 50%, the essays are worth 30% and the MPT is worth 20%. Arkansas is not “formally” a Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) jurisdiction. However, all three parts of the exam that they offer (the MBE, MEE, and MPT) are identical to that of a UBE jurisdiction.
To see what your score report means, check out this post called “What does my Uniform Bar Exam Score Report mean?” When looking at your score report, analyze what area you fell short on – the MBE, the MEE, the MPTs, or some combination of them. This will help you decide where you need to change your study strategy. If you need help with this step, feel free to contact us here.
If possible, order your answers to the essays and MPT.
It is unclear on their website if Arkansas allows examinees to order their essay and MPT answers. Most states will allow you to either order your answers or set up an appointment to read over them.
To determine your approach to upcoming exam, it is necessary to figure out missed out on points on the last exam. Therefore, if possible, we recommend ordering your answers to the essays and MPT. (If you are permitted to do this, instructions on how to request your written answers will likely be with your score breakdown that is mailed the day results are released.)
While no one wants to relive his or her mistakes, this is an invaluable step if you failed the Arkansas bar exam. You may find, after rereading it, that you could not recall enough law. Or perhaps you had timing issues or structural issues you were unaware of. While nobody wants to relive the exam that they failed, this information can be invaluable in making sure you don’t repeat the same mistakes twice!
Assess how you studied to determine why you did not pass the Arkansas bar exam.
Figuring out why you failed the Arkansas bar exam is not something you want to do right after receiving your score report. Take some time for yourself and when you are ready, sit down and critically evaluate how you prepared for the exam. You want to ask your self a number of questions, including:
- Did you study effectively and productively?
- Did you study enough hours?
- Was your bar prep course (if you used one) helpful in preparing you for both the MBE and written portion of the exam?
- Did you practice using real MBE questions and real essay questions?
- Did you practice enough MPTs?
- How many timed exams did you take?
- Did you memorize the black letter law for the most highly tested issues?
Please check out our post here for a comprehensive list of questions to ask yourself. No one knows the answers to these questions better than you do. It is an important step in figuring out your approach to the next exam.
Consider what bar prep options are available to you for the upcoming exam.
Look into resources that will help you pass the Arkansas Bar Exam. If you are looking for a change from your commercial course, you are in luck! (In fact, we truly do not recommend you take your commercial course twice . . .) You need to do something different if you want a different (and passing) result!
Here are some resources worth checking out. We have listed them in order of what you may need help with if you failed the Arkansas bar exam. Our resources are extremely high quality and tailored to what is tested!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!