Bar exam daily affirmations (and tips for writing your own!)
Bar exam daily affirmations (and tips for writing your own!): Studying for the bar exam is exhausting. It is a mentally and emotionally draining experience. For weeks, you spend day in and day out learning countless rules of law. Preparing for the bar exam tests even the strongest willed applicants. Throughout your bar study journey, you may find yourself disappointed in your progress or just plain tired of learning more law than your brain has room for.
Bar exam daily affirmations (and tips for writing your own!)
The power of positive thinking works wonders, even for the bar exam. People use daily affirmations for all type of things, whether it be for work or their personal lives. Think of daily affirmations as a way to get into the right mindset when you start studying for the day. Positive affirmations can help cancel out defeatist and self-degrading thoughts which are all too common for bar exam applicants.
Once you find some affirmations you like, repeat them to yourself daily. You can say them to yourself out loud every morning or perhaps write them at the top of your notes each day. If you prefer to be more creative, you can write out the affirmation in a doodle and hang it up where you can see it each day. Notebooks and planners with positive and encouraging phrases also help chase away the defeatist thoughts that haunt bar exam applicants. For example, yours truly had a bar exam notebook with “I’ve totally got this” written on the cover. Below are a few general examples of some bar exam daily affirmations along with some tips on how to come up with your own.
1. I control my performance on the bar exam.
When studying for the bar there are days where you feel like no matter what you do you could still fail the bar. You know that not everyone passes the bar. Therefore, you may worry that one of those people could be you. People that study for the bar still end up failing, you might say to yourself. While you cannot see the future to know whether or not you will pass, you still have complete control over your performance. “I control my performance on the bar exam” is a great bar exam daily affirmation because it is absolutely true and chases away those defeatist thoughts. Your bar exam score will be a direct result of the effort you put into your bar exam studying. The more you remind yourself of this, the less time you will spend doubting yourself and the more time you can put into studying.
2. I am proud of my progress.
Studying for the bar is a long process. You may only be able to see all the things you still have to learn before the bar. But, do not let what lies in front of you keep you from appreciating how far you have already come. As long as you study every day, you are making progress to be proud of. It is a worthy bar exam daily affirmation. Some variations of this daily bar exam affirmation are: “I am making great progress in my study plan,” “I will continue to learn and memorize the law,” and “I am a dedicated learner.”
3. I am confident in my ability to master areas of law.
This bar exam daily affirmation is very general so feel free to tweak it as you please. Basically, if you are studying for the bar you already graduated law school. This is a huge accomplishment. You tackled and conquered the LSAT, 1L writing classes, law school final exams, and never-ending reading assignments. You know how to study and you have previously mastered areas of law. This is the final step in your journey to becoming a lawyer and you are ready for it.
4. I will be a lawyer.
Even if you fail the bar the first time, or even the second, third, or fourth times, as long as you do not give up and keep trying, you will be a lawyer! This bar exam daily affirmation helps remind you that your goal of becoming a lawyer is just on the other side of a successful bar exam. Other bar exam affirmations that are similar to this one are “My life will go on no matter what result I get on the bar exam,” “I will make a great lawyer,” and “I will always try my hardest.”
5. Other general examples
Here are some other general bar exam daily affirmations. Pick and choose from the list and feel free to add your own. You can have as many or as little as you like; whatever you need to chase away those negative thoughts that hold you back.
- I will conquer the bar exam/bar exam essays/MBE.
- No matter what, I will pass the bar exam.
- I am a dedicated studier and bar exam applicant.
- I can do this.
- My hard work powers my success.
- I’ve totally got this.
- I can face every task the bar throws at me.
- Life goes on after the bar exam.
- I am smarter than I realize.
- I will do my best on the bar exam.
6. How to write your own daily bar exam affirmations
Maybe you need some daily bar exam affirmations that are more specific than the ones listed above. When coming up with affirmations, think of a negative thought that holds you back throughout the day. Perhaps you are particularly worried about your ability to write a well-structured essay. You may want a daily affirmation along the lines of, “I am learning to master essay writing” or “My essay writing improves every day.”
The key to coming up with your own bar exam daily affirmations is to keep them in the present tense and ensure that they do not contain negative language. For example, do not say “I am not going to fail the bar exam.” Instead, say “I will pass the bar exam.” The power of positive thinking goes farther if you keep all negative thoughts out of your affirmations.
Remember, you’ve totally got this.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!