A Short Uniform Bar Exam Quiz – Part 2!: Are you Ready for the Essays?
A Short Uniform Bar Exam Quiz — Part 2!: Are you Ready for the Essays?
Here, we have a short Uniform Bar Exam quiz to see if you are ready for the essay portion of the Uniform Bar Exam. This is strictly a test of memorization!
If you want to see the Uniform Bar Exam quiz Part 1, check out this post.
We picked a few of the highly tested areas of law. We recommend you get a pen and a piece of paper and see if you can write down the key words. These will be the words that the grader is looking for when they read your essays! The answers are at the end of the quiz.
1. Criminal Procedure: When does a person have standing to raise a Fourth Amendment challenge?
2. Evidence: Define a present sense impression.
3. Family Law: When will a court enforce a premarital agreement?
4. Real Property: What is the merger doctrine?
5. Secured Transactions: Goods can be classified into four categories. Please describe what “inventory” is.
6. Torts: What is a battery?
7. Trusts: What is a charitable trust?
8. Wills: Describe the incorporation by reference doctrine.
Answers to the Uniform Bar Exam Quiz
1. A person has standing to raise a Fourth Amendment challenge if he has an expectation of privacy in the thing searched or seized.
2. A present sense impression is “a statement describing or explaining an event or condition made while or immediately after the declarant perceived it.”
3. A court will enforce a premarital agreement so long as it is voluntarily made, substantively fair, and if full disclosure of assets and obligations was made. A court will not, however, enforce a premarital agreement regarding child custody or support if it is not in the best interest of the child.
4. On the closing date, the contract for sale merges into the deed, so at that point, the buyer can only sue on the deed.
5. Inventory is goods, other than farm products, that are held by a person for sale or lease to be furnished under a contract of service; or raw materials, work in process, or materials used or consumed in a business (e.g., computers sold by a computer store).
6. A battery is an act with intent to cause a harmful or offensive contact or imminent apprehension of that contact and a harmful or offensive contact directly or indirectly results.
7. A charitable trust may be created for a charitable purpose. It must have a large number of not-readily-identifiable individuals (rather than a few identifiable individuals).
8. A writing that is not valid as a will may be incorporated by reference into a will if the will manifests an intent to incorporate the writing and the writing is identified with reasonable certainty. This writing must exist at the time the will is executed. (The UPC and some states recognize the right of a testator to dispose of tangible personal property by a signed memorandum, whether it is prepared before or after the execution of the will, even if it does not comply with the formalities of a will.)
Not happy with your score?
Purchase our MEE one-sheets! Our MEE one-sheets contain the highly tested areas of law in one page each. Also consider signing up for our Multistate Essay Exam seminar, where we cover issues ripe for testing and highly tested issues!
(Note: this quiz does not test “predictions”. It just covers highly tested areas of law!)
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1399.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)
We also have several additional MBE, MEE, and MPT products available.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!