A JD Advising student who didn’t go to law school passed the bar exam with a 284!
We had a client recently who signed up for our Uniform Bar Exam Premium Plus course. This student was a diligent worker. She did not go to law school, but worked in a law firm under an apprenticeship program in Washington. The first time she took the bar exam, she scored a 209. After a few more attempts, she knew she needed a different approach and decided to invest in our Uniform Bar Exam Premium Plus course.
This course is pricey but comes with basically everything JD Advising has to offer, including a live course, personalized tutoring, and virtually all of our supplements. We do not recommend this course for students who aren’t willing to put in the work. Thankfully, this student was a hard worker and followed all of our recommendations. It paid off.
She scored a 284 on the Washington Bar Exam, which is not only passing in Washington, but is passing in every single Uniform Bar Exam jurisdiction!
Read her story below. We wanted to share it because we thought it was very inspiring and encouraging, especially to bar examinees with unique circumstances or who have attempted to pass the bar exam multiple times.
JD Advising Student Testimonial
I have taken the bar exam 5 times. My situation is a lot different compare with others taking the bar exam. First of all, I did not go to law school, rather I was in an alternative law clerk program for Washington state, which allows you to sit for bar exam, without attending law school. Basically, I worked in law firm and had an attorney as my mentor. I had a lot of legal and court room experience but was lacking on the educational side. I was faced with many difficulties when I took the bar exam. I bombed the test the first time I took it (eg. 209). I had to work on everything in order to try to pass the bar exam (e.g. essays, multiple choices, and briefs). I was not well skilled in any area of the bar exam.
I knew I needed a lot of help if I wanted to pass the exam. This was when I reached out to JD Advising and got Ambika Mehta as my tutor. She basically went through every single subject with me, give me assignments each week, corrected my essays, provided feedback, etc. She also clarified confusing MBE questions that I got wrong on my practice questions. I really wanted to give up, but Ambika encouraged me not to give up. I no longer saw the light at end of tunnel. I also no longer could envision passing. However, I tried really hard my very last time and studied for more than two months straight. My perseverance finally paid off and I finally passed with a 284 (which is a passing score in every UBE jurisdiction)!!! I would not have been able to pass had I not had Ambika. She was the caring, supportive, and knowledgeable law school teacher I never had.
For those of you like me, who wanted to give up, my advice is don’t. Easier said than done, but you can pass this test. I know how it feels to fail numerous times, the embarrassment, to feel defeated, etc. Perseverance and persistence is the key to success. Get a good prep program, like JD Advising. The essay feedback Ambika provided was amazing. The outlines were amazing too. I would also strongly suggest their MEE One-Sheets on the highly tested areas. I love that book.
We are honored to help hard-working students like this pass the bar exam! We hope you find her story to be as inspiring as we did!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)