A Call for More Female Attorneys on Michigan’s Board of Law Examiners
Female law students now outnumber male students. In 2017, women comprised 50.3% of law school graduates. In 2018, 51.3% of law students enrolled in law school were women.
There are five members on the Michigan Board of Law Examiners. The Michigan Board of Law Examiners has primarily been composed of men. One woman, Hon. Donna Robinson Milhouse, sat on the Board until recently, when she was replaced by another woman, Candice Moore, from Jones Day.
(Note that this replacement took place this spring without any press release, announcement, or fanfare!)
Upon information and belief, on the most recent July 2019 bar exam, attorney Candice Moore wrote very fair bar exam questions (in our opinion, the most fair questions on the exam)!
Having a more diverse board will only serve to benefit the legal community and community at large. So, it is our hope that when the next Board member steps down or has a term that expires, a female will be appointed to the position.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!