A Call for More Female Attorneys on Michigan’s Board of Law Examiners
Female law students now outnumber male students. In 2017, women comprised 50.3% of law school graduates. In 2018, 51.3% of law students enrolled in law school were women.
There are five members on the Michigan Board of Law Examiners. The Michigan Board of Law Examiners has primarily been composed of men. One woman, Hon. Donna Robinson Milhouse, sat on the Board until recently, when she was replaced by another woman, Candice Moore, from Jones Day.
(Note that this replacement took place this spring without any press release, announcement, or fanfare!)
Upon information and belief, on the most recent July 2019 bar exam, attorney Candice Moore wrote very fair bar exam questions (in our opinion, the most fair questions on the exam)!
Having a more diverse board will only serve to benefit the legal community and community at large. So, it is our hope that when the next Board member steps down or has a term that expires, a female will be appointed to the position.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!