Our Top Five Michigan Bar Exam Resources Under $500
The February 2018 bar exam is about 3 months away! In this post, we cover our top five Michigan bar exam resources under $500. So, keep reading to see what made our list!
Our Top Five Michigan Bar Exam Resources Under $500
1. Michigan Bar Exam Seminar ($499.99)
The first of our best Michigan bar exam resources under $500 is our Michigan Bar Exam seminar. In our seminar, we provide high-quality and highly-tested information in an easy-to learn, concise format. We designed this seminar by literally reading through every past bar exam from 1990 on. Then, we looked at the Michigan distinctions that are commonly tested, as well as the most highly-tested and recently-tested issues. Finally, we use that information to decide the key areas of law to include in the 50-page booklet we hand out to students. The February 2018 Michigan Bar Exam Seminar is scheduled for February 16.
This seminar fills up quickly and is a MUST-attend event. Last administration, we had to turn several people down as they signed up too late.
Last administration, 11 of the 15 topics that showed up on the exam were covered by the seminar! See what they are here.
Show the topics covered by the Michigan bar exam seminar here ...
When we provided the Michigan bar exam seminar for the July 2017 bar exam, we accurately covered many of the issues on the bar exam including:
- The entire Criminal Procedure question on search incident to arrest and specifically whether officers could search a cell phone incident to arrest. We cited the exact case on point (the Riley case) and discussed it in our seminar.
- The entire Criminal Law question. We discussed conspiracy and also accurately noted in our seminar that Michigan does not require an overt act to prove a conspiracy. This exact question was tested on the bar exam.
- The entire Civil Procedure question. Not only did we accurately predict that Civil Procedure would test personal jurisdiction, but we discussed the exact step-by-step approach to take if you saw a personal jurisdiction question.
- The entire Real Property/Creditors’ Rights question on foreclosure by advertisement (including the statutory right of redemption).
- The entire Personal Property question was covered by the seminar handout—including the Lost and Unclaimed Property Act (LUPA), which we predicted would be tested—and “abandonment”
- We predicted the entire Family Law question and specifically stated that marital versus separate assets were likely to appear on the exam.
- The entire Equity question was covered by our Michigan bar exam seminar. We told students to memorize the preliminary injunction factors and this is exactly what was tested.
- The Corporations question on derivative lawsuits. Not only did we cover derivative actions in the seminar but we also predicted that it would be coming up on the exam! We discussed the exact procedure necessary for filing a derivative action and we were happy to see that specifically tested.
- The Real Property question regarding the race-notice statute. Half of the Real Property question tested Michigan’s race-notice statute and, specifically, what constituted “notice.” We told students to be on the lookout for this as we predicted this issue may be coming up – and it did.
- The No-Fault question had a noneconomic damages issue, which was discussed in our seminar and predicted to come up.
- The Wills question was covered by the handout—we discussed both will validity and revocation of a will, which were two of the three major issues tested by that question.
- We also stated that we thought hearsay would be tested in Evidence, negligence would be tested in Torts, and that Secured Transactions would be tested (and we included charts in the seminar that covered perfection of PMSI’s and non-PMSI’s—both of which were tested).
You may reserve your spot for the seminar here:
2. How To Pass The Michigan Bar Exam Book ($199.99)
The next of our Michigan bar exam resources under $500 is our How To Pass The Michigan Bar Exam, 2nd Edition, book. In this book, we cover secrets for studying for the Michigan bar exam, a step-by-step guide for writing high-scoring Michigan essays, a time-tested method to improve your MBE score, MBE strategies by subject, one-sheets for highly-tested areas of law, and essay questions and model answers. This book is invaluable for anyone taking the Michigan bar exam!
Students love the 24 “one-sheets” in the back of the book as they cover so much of what is tested on the Michigan bar exam. They provide a very efficient way of studying!
To buy your copy, read the following certifications and then click the link below:
- I CERTIFY THAT I INTEND TO TAKE THE MICHIGAN BAR EXAM.
- I CERTIFY THAT I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OR AGENT OF ANOTHER TUTORING OR BAR REVIEW COURSE, NOR AM I A MEMBER, EMPLOYEE, AFFILIATE, OR AGENT OF THE MICHIGAN BOARD OF LAW EXAMINERS.
Click below to purchase the How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam Book!
3. MBE Guide and MBE One-sheets ($159.99/$144.99 with discount code)
The third of our Michigan bar exam resources is our MBE guide/MBE one-sheets package. Our MBE Guide illuminates some very tricky areas of law and covers some highly tested concepts — all in a readable and easy to understand format. We also give you strategies for how to approach specific topics so you are more likely to answer MBE questions right when you see those topics tested. This MBE guide is not an encyclopedia of MBE law. So, it does not cover every topic in depth. Rather, it is more like a series of snapshots. We cover several areas that students do not understand or that commercial courses do not cover well. The MBE Guide comes with a 7-point MBE score increase guarantee, or your money back!
We also sell MBE one-sheets. Our MBE one-sheets are a concise and manageable overview of the law you will see tested on the Multistate Bar Exam and provide a memorable overview of the MBE law in just one 8.5 x 14 sheet (front and back) per page.
You can purchase both for a under $200! Right now, if you enter the discount code PASSTHEMBE at checkout, you can receive both for $144.99!
4. MBE Seminar ($499.99)
Another of our Michigan bar exam resources under $500 is our MBE seminar. Our MBE Seminar takes place in a small group setting. The goal of this seminar is to teach you strategies to apply when you answer MBE questions. Instead of receiving substantive outlines, you will receive an MBE strategies booklet. The seminar and strategies booklet focus on strategies that you can use when you practice answering questions. Our goal is to help you improve your score through practice and to get you out of your MBE rut. Our next MBE seminar is scheduled for January 19, 2018.
5. Michigan Bar Exam Essay Feedback ($150/9 question exam which covers topics we believe will come up)
Finally, the last of our Michigan bar exam resources under $500 is our Michigan essay feedback.
For $150, we will send you a 9-question exam that is composed of topics that we believe are coming up on the next Michigan bar exam. You can attend the exam in a proctored setting in our office or you can time yourself at home. We will then grade this exam and give you our tips for improvement. Not only will you receive tips, you will receive invaluable exposure to topics that may be coming up on the next exam.
Our structured approach does not simply copy and paste the model answer or correct grammar. Rather, while we will correct law and structural/organizational defects, our goal is to find patterns and tell you exactly what you are doing wrong and how to correct that. For more details and testimonials, check our our Michigan bar exam essay feedback page. If you are interested in having a graded 9-question exam, please contact us to see if we still have spots available.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!