July 2018 New York Bar Exam Results are Released!
As of this morning, October 23, 2018, July 2018 New York Bar Exam results are released!
Statistics for the July 2018 New York Bar Exam:
You can find the statistics from the New York Bar Examiners website here. A few notable statistics:
- The overall pass rate is 63%
- The first-time taker pass rate is 83%
These numbers are lower than last July. Most state pass rates have fallen and New York is no exception. A useful chart released by the Examiners at the link above can be found here:
If you failed the New York Bar Exam:
If you failed the New York Bar Exam, we are very sorry! It can be very difficult to work so hard for something and then not see it come to fruition. You are not alone if you failed. Please take some time for yourself before coming up with a game plan. Also, note that New York does not regrade essays or allow appeals–so even if you were close to passing, you will have to retake the exam.
When you are ready to come up with a plan, we have some free resources as well as some excellent resources you can pay for. We list both below.
Free Resources for New York Bar Exam Takers:
- We have a detailed guide on what to do if you failed the Uniform Bar Exam here. It is invaluable and will give you some much-needed guidance.
- If you failed the New York Bar Exam, please see this post on what the next steps should be.
- Read how to dissect your New York Bar Exam score report here.
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: 5 things to do differently.
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times, or four or more times): Here is a step-by-step guide to getting out of this vicious cycle!
- Should I rewatch lectures if I fail the bar exam? Generally, the answer is no.
- How to tell your boss you failed the bar exam: What to say and what not to say.
- What happens if I work at a big law firm and fail the bar?
- Lastly, check out our very popular note to those who failed the bar exam, quotes for those who failed the bar exam, and a list of famous people that failed the bar exam — you are not alone!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)
If you passed the New York Bar Exam:
Here are a few excellent resources to consult!