If you are a 2L at DePaul University College of Law who would like a FREE bar exam course, follow these three easy steps:
Step 2: Watch Our MPRE Crash Course
After completing the form, you’ll be sent a link to our MPRE Crash Course. The entire course is an hour. To be eligible for the course giveaway, you need to watch at least 15 minutes of the video.
Step 3: Complete Your Enrollment Form
We will see when you have watched at least 15 minutes of the Crash Course, and we will send you an enrollment form to sign up for a JD Advising bar prep course. We will donate to a women’s organization as a result of your enrollment.
Note: This offer ends November 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT. All steps above must be completed before then in order to take advantage of this offer. This offer is first come, first served! The first 20 DePaul 2Ls to complete the above steps will earn a free course.
Note: we do not recommend that students sign up for this course plus any additional course, as taking two full bar review courses is not helpful when studying for the bar exam.
If you are a DePaul law student who would like a discounted price
On Demand Uniform Bar Exam Course—$599.99
On Demand California Bar Exam Course—$599.99
Please email email@example.com before November 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT for more details on how to sign up!
Note: Offer ends November 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT. All steps above must be completed before then to take advantage of this offer.
JD Advising Bar Exam Course Giveaway—Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN THE GIVEAWAY. Purchase of a JD Advising course or product will not increase your chances or guarantee your winning the giveaway. The giveaway is void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state, and local laws. DePaul law students have the opportunity to enter the giveaway from now until anytime before 11:59 p.m. CT on 11/15/2022 (the “Giveaway Time”). Offer ends 11/15/22 at 11:59 p.m. CT. JD Advising, Inc. is the sole sponsor of the giveaway. No shipping or handling fees, unless the winning student wants to receive hard copies of the outlines, which would be an extra One Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($150.00), versus the electronic copies which are free.
Odds of winning depend on timing and number of entries (currently unknown). First 20 people to properly enter have a 100% chance of winning and remaining entries have a 0% chance of winning.
Participating in the JD Advising Giveaway is subject to the following official rules. IN ORDER TO CLAIM A FREE JD ADVISING ON DEMAND COURSE, WINNERS WILL NEED TO COMPLY WITH ALL GIVEAWAY REQUIREMENTS: must attend DePaul University College of Law, must plan to graduate in 2024, must watch the JD Advising MPRE Crash Course (15 minutes of watch time required), must fill out the Google Form, must fill out an enrollment form and send back within the Giveaway Time. The retail value of each prize is $1,099.99 as of 9/22/22. The first 20 students to complete the steps will be chosen (see below for more information).
ONLY DEPAUL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW 2LS (GRADUATING IN 2024) ARE ELIGIBLE.
- BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- SPONSOR. JD Advising, Inc. (“Sponsor”), a Michigan corporation, 26862 Woodward Ave., Ste. 202, Royal Oak, MI 48067.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Women Empowering Women JD Advising Bar Exam Course Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open to individuals who (a) are United States citizens or lawful U.S. residents living currently in the United States, District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico, and who are at least 18 years old (19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska, and 21 years old in Mississippi) as of the date of entry; (b) are enrolled as full-time or part-time law students at DePaul University College of Law, and plan to graduate in 2024; (c) will fill out the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdc886SYe4K7eIGQOGnLZiviL8KmuoFQaKsyquMuLw1CKGmOA/viewform within the Giveaway Time; (d) after filling out the Google Form, must watch the JD Advising MPRE Crash Course (15 minutes of watch time required)—link received after filling out the Google Form; (e) must fill out an enrollment form and send it back before the Giveaway Time expires.
- HOW TO ENTER. DePaul law students will automatically receive one (1) entry for filling out the Google Form and watching the MPRE Crash Course (at least 15 minutes of watch time required). To enter, start by fill out this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdc886SYe4K7eIGQOGnLZiviL8KmuoFQaKsyquMuLw1CKGmOA/viewform .You will then be directed to the MPRE Crash Course. After 15 minutes of watch time is achieved, we will e-mail you an enrollment form to sign and return. Limit of one (1) entry per person.
- OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Entries received from any person that do not meet the stated eligibility requirements will be void. Any attempt by any DePaul law student to obtain more than one entry by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, e-mail addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that student’s entries, and that student may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple students cannot share the an e-mail address or register under the same information. In the event of any dispute as to a registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to fill out the Google Form will be deemed the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the address used to register. Potential Winners may need to show proof of being the authorized account holder to Sponsor or give up the Prize (as defined below). If entrant gives an invalid, non-working, or inactive e-mail address when filling out the Google Form, your entry will be disqualified and you will be ineligible to win. Students must enter all required fields in the Google Form to be eligible for the Prize. Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely registrations are void and will be disqualified. Internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
- GIVEAWAY DATE. The first twenty (20) entries (each, a potential “Winner”) will be drawn by Sponsor on November 16, 2022 (“Giveaway Date”).
- PRIZE: Each potential Winner will receive one free registration code for a JD Advising Bar Exam Course (“Prize”), to be chosen by potential Winner among the following:
- JD Advising Uniform On Demand Bar Exam Course, February 2024
- JD Advising Uniform On Demand Bar Exam Course, July 2024
- JD Advising Uniform On Demand Bar Exam Course, February 2025
- JD Advising Uniform On Demand Bar Exam Course, July 2025
- JD Advising California On Demand Bar Exam Course, February 2024
- JD Advising California On Demand Bar Exam Course, July 2024
- JD Advising California On Demand Bar Exam Course, February 2025
- JD Advising California On Demand Bar Exam Course, July 2025
The Uniform Bar Exam and the California Bar Exam On Demand Bar Exam Courses come with a set of electronic outlines and course materials that will be distributed electronically. Hard copy outlines are available for an additional purchase of One Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($150.00), but are not required for completion of a course.
Potential Winner will be required to submit an affidavit confirming receipt and acceptance of such Prize upon being notified of winning the giveaway.
Winner will be given the Prize without obligation.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. Potential Winners will be notified within fifteen (15) days after the Giveaway Date by e-mail, and, except where legally prohibited, must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility (“Affidavit of Eligibility”) and any and all additional documentation required by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, by email within seven (7) calendar days of attempted notification. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after the first attempted contact, or if Winner fails to sign and/or return the Affidavit of Eligibility or any other documentation Sponsor may require within the required time period (if applicable), or if a potential Winner is disqualified, Sponsor will award the applicable Prize to another eligible Winner that was next in line to receive the Prize (after the first 20 entries). Any Prizes not claimed by an alternate Winner within twenty-four (24) hours after e-mailing them shall be forfeited and an alternate Winner shall be chosen, continuing until all 20 Prizes are accounted for.
- Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
A Prize “Winner” is a DePaul law student who is among the first 20 students to complete the giveaway requirements and completes all required forms.
- FREE JD ADVISING COURSES (PRIZES).
- Subject to the limitations, terms, and procedures described in these Official Rules, twenty (20) Prizes (one each per Winner), with a total approximate retail value of $21,999.80, plus applicable sales tax, will be awarded based on choosing each Winner according to the terms in these official rules.b. No assignment, transfer, refund, cash exchange, or substitution of any Prize, in whole or in part, is permitted by a Winner. A Prize is only payable as described herein, and in no case will any payments of any kind be made directly to a Winner by Sponsor. Winner shall receive the Prize within 30 days of notifying of such prize.
c. Sponsor may send and ask Winner to complete a form 1099, as may be required by applicable law.
- Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize for a different prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://jdadvising.com/women-empowering-women/. The full list of Winners will be posted on https://jdadvising.com/women-empowering-women/. List of Winners will be available until November 30, 2023. For a copy of the list of Winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to JD Advising, Inc., 26862 Woodward Ave., Ste. 202, Royal Oak, MI 48067.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS, PUBLICITY AND LIABILITY. By entering, entrants agree
(a) that Sponsor and its subsidiaries, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Giveaway Entities”), are indemnified, released and will be held harmless by entrants from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to person(s) arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, or use of a Prize, entrant accessing or using the JD Advising’s Bar Exam Course Website, or entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity; and
(b) that participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway.
Winners further grant (and agree to confirm such grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the right to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information at any time or times for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification, approval or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. If Sponsor does not enforce any part of the Official Rules, that does not constitute Sponsor waiving this provision.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE GIVEAWAY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the JD Advising, and/or the legitimate operation of the Giveaway; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in a disruptive manner with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not able to go as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Giveaway (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Giveaway or suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the Prizes randomly from the eligible entries received up to the date of impairment.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES; PUBLICITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT GIVEAWAY ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, FACEBOOK, INC., TWITTER, INC. AND INSTAGRAM, INC. (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY OR IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY, AND ALL EXPENSES, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, INTEREST, PENALTIES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF EACH FREE JD ADVISING COURSE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY, INCLUDING THE JD ADVISING BAR REVIEW WEBSITE AND ALL FREE JD ADVISING COURSES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES. This Giveaway is governed by the laws of the United States. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, notwithstanding the fact that either party is or may hereafter become domiciled or located in a different state. My entering this giveaway, entrant agrees, to the extent allowed by applicable law, that (a) any and all claims, disputes, controversies, suits or actions arising out of or relating to the provisions of this Agreement or the subject matter hereof (the “Claims”) shall be adjudicated exclusively in Oakland County Circuit Court, Michigan, or the United States Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan sitting in Detroit, Michigan, which courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any and all said Claims; and (b) such courts are a convenient forum and the parties will not seek to transfer the action to any other court. The parties waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection that they may respectively now or later have to the laying of venue in said courts. In the event of any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement arising from or relating to this Agreement or the breach thereof, the parties hereto shall first use their best efforts to settle the dispute,claim, question or disagreement. If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by a mutually agreed upon party before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Student and JD Advising with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all other prior or contemporaneous agreements, either oral or written, between the parties (including, without limitation, any student representative of JD Advising) with respect to the subject matter hereof. Student may not assign this Agreement or any of their rights hereunder. Student’s failure to exercise any of its rights under this Agreement will constitute or be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of those rights. A facsimile or PDF signature of any party shall be immediately binding upon such party and have the same legal effect as an original signature of such party. If any term or provision herein is determined to be illegal or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms or provisions herein will remain in full force and effect.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. JD ADVISING MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE SUITABILITY OR QUALITY OF ITS SERVICES OR MATERIALS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANYTHING DONE OR OMITTED IN RELIANCE UPON ITS SERVICES OR MATERIALS. STUDENT HAS SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR FULFILLING ANY REQUIREMENTS OR ACCOMPLISHING ANY OBJECTIVES FOR WHICH STUDENT PURCHASED ANY OF THE JD ADVISING’S SERVICES OR MATERIALS. JD ADVISING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND STUDENT HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVES, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, IN NO EVENT WILL JD ADVISING BE LIABLE TO STUDENT FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR SIMILAR DAMAGES EVEN IF JD ADVISING HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO CASE SHALL JD ADVISING’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS ($250).