If you are a 2L at DePaul University College of Law who would like a FREE bar exam course, follow these three easy steps:
Step 2: Watch Our MPRE Crash Course
After completing the form, the confirmation page will give you a link to our MPRE Crash Course. The entire course is an hour. To be eligible for the giveaway, you need to watch at least 15 minutes of the video. We will see when you have watched at least 15 minutes of the Crash Course.
Step 3: Complete Your Enrollment Form
You must also email an enrollment form to info@jdadvising. This form is available on the confirmation page after filling out the form.
We will donate to a women’s organization as a result of your enrollment.
Note: This offer ends November 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT. All steps above must be completed before then in order to take advantage of this offer. This offer is first come, first served! The first 20 DePaul 2Ls to complete the above steps will earn a free course.
Note: we do not recommend that students sign up for this course plus any additional course, as taking two full bar review courses is not helpful when studying for the bar exam.
If you are a DePaul law student who would like a discounted price
On Demand Uniform Bar Exam Course—$599.99
On Demand California Bar Exam Course—$599.99
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before November 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT for more details on how to sign up!
Note: Offer ends November 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT. All steps above must be completed before then to take advantage of this offer.
JD Advising Bar Exam Course Giveaway—Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN THE GIVEAWAY. Purchase of a JD Advising course or product will not increase your chances or guarantee your winning the giveaway. The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state, and local laws. DePaul law students have the opportunity to enter the Giveaway from now until anytime before 11:59 p.m. CT on 11/15/2022 (the “Giveaway Time”). Offer ends 11/15/22 at 11:59 p.m. CT. JD Advising, Inc. is the sole Sponsor of the giveaway. No shipping or handling fees, unless the winning student wants to receive hard copies of the outlines, which would be an extra One Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($150.00), versus the electronic copies which are free.
Odds of winning depend on timing and number of entries (currently unknown). First 20 people to properly enter have a 100% chance of winning and remaining entries have a 0% chance of winning.
Participating in the JD Advising Giveaway is subject to the following official rules. IN ORDER TO CLAIM A FREE JD ADVISING ON DEMAND COURSE, WINNERS WILL NEED TO COMPLY WITH ALL GIVEAWAY REQUIREMENTS: must attend DePaul University College of Law, must plan to graduate in 2024, must watch the JD Advising MPRE Crash Course (15 minutes of watch time required), must fill out the Google Form, must fill out an enrollment form and send back within the Giveaway Time. The retail value of each prize is $1,099.99 as of 9/22/22. The first 20 students to complete the steps will be chosen (see below for more information).
ONLY DEPAUL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW 2LS (GRADUATING IN 2024) ARE ELIGIBLE.
BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- SPONSOR. JD Advising, Inc. (“Sponsor”), a Michigan corporation, 26862 Woodward Ave., Ste. 202, Royal Oak, MI 48067.
- GIVEAWAY DATE. The first 20 students who complete the required tasks before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 15th, 2022 (each a potential “Winner”) will be notified by Sponsor no later than December 1, 2022.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Women Empowering Women JD Advising Bar Exam Course Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open to individuals who (a) are United States citizens or lawful residents living in the United States or a territory of the United States and are 18 years old or older (21 years of age in Mississippi, 19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska) as of the entry date; (b) are enrolled as full-time or part-time law students at DePaul University College of Law (referred to as student(s) throughout), and plan to graduate in 2024; (c) will fill out the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdc886SYe4K7eIGQOGnLZiviL8KmuoFQaKsyquMuLw1CKGmOA/viewform within the Giveaway Time; (d) after filling out the Google Form, must watch the JD Advising MPRE Crash Course (15 minutes of watch time required)—link received after filling out the Google Form; (e) must fill out an enrollment form and send it back before the Giveaway Time expires.
- REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER GIVEAWAY. DePaul law students will automatically receive one (1) entry for filling out the Google Form and watching the MPRE Crash Course (at least 15 minutes of watch time required). To enter, start by fill out this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdc886SYe4K7eIGQOGnLZiviL8KmuoFQaKsyquMuLw1CKGmOA/viewform .You will then be directed to the MPRE Crash Course. After 15 minutes of watch time is achieved, we will e-mail you an enrollment form to sign and return. Limit of one (1) entry per person.
- Entries received from any person that do not meet the stated eligibility requirements will be void. Any attempt by any DePaul law student to obtain more than one entry by using multiple and/or different identities, and/or emails will void that person’s entries and disqualify them at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple students cannot share an e-mail address or register under the same information. In the event of any dispute as to a registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to fill out the Google Form will be deemed the registrant.Potential Winners may need to show proof of being the authorized account holder to Sponsor or give up the Prize (as defined below). For any entry to be valid, it must contain a valid and active email address at the time the Google Form is filled out. Students must enter all required fields in the Google Form to be eligible for the Prize.
- Participation in the Giveaway means student fully and unconditionally agrees to the Official Rules, plus to all of Sponsor’s final decisions regarding the Giveaway.
- PRIZE: Each potential Winner will receive one free registration code for a JD Advising Bar Exam Course (“Prize”), to be chosen by potential Winner among the following: a JD Advising On Demand Uniform Bar Exam Course or a JD Advising California Bar Exam Course. The course administration is required to be in the year 2024 or 2025.
- The Uniform Bar Exam and the California Bar Exam On Demand Bar Exam Courses come with a set of electronic outlines and course materials that will be distributed electronically. Hard copy outlines are available for an additional purchase of One Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($150.00),but are not required for completion of a course.
- Potential Winner will be required to submit an affidavit confirming receipt and acceptance of such Prize upon being notified of winning the giveaway. Winner will be given the Prize without obligation.
- Subject to the limitations, terms, and procedures described in these Official Rules, twenty (20) Prizes (one each per Winner), with a total approximate retail value of $21,999.80, plus applicable sales tax, will be awarded based on choosing each Winner according to the terms in these official rules
- Winner cannot refund, assign, transfer, exchange, or substitute its Prize. Winner can only receive a Prize as described in these Official Rules, and there shall be no cash paid out to Winner in any circumstances. Winner shall receive the Prize within 30 days of notifying of such prize.
- Sponsor may send and ask Winner to complete a form 1099, as may be required by applicable law.
- NOTIFICATION TO WINNER. A Prize “Winner” is a DePaul law student who is among the first 20 students to complete the Giveaway requirements and completes all required forms. Potential Winners will be notified within fifteen (15) days after the Giveaway Date by e-mail, and, except where legally disallowed, must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility (“Affidavit of Eligibility”) plus any further documents that Sponsor requires, by e-mail withinseven (7) business days of notification. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after the first attempted contact, or if Winner fails to sign or send back the Affidavit of Eligibility or the further documents Sponsor requested within seven (7) business days (if applicable to student), or if a potential Winner is disqualified, Sponsor will award the applicable Prize to another eligible Winner that was next in line to receive the Prize (after the first 20 entries). Any Prizes not claimed by an alternate Winner within twenty-four (24) hours after e-mailing them shall be forfeited and an alternate Winner shall be chosen, continuing until all 20 Prizes are accounted for.
- POTENTIAL WINNERS VERIFICATION: Sponsor can choose to verify all potential Winners, and Sponsor’s decisions are final regarding the Giveaway. A student is not a Winner of a Prize until Sponsor verifies the student’s eligibility.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://jdadvising.com/women-empowering-women/. A List of Winners will be available until November 30, 2023. For a copy of the list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to JD Advising, Inc., 26862 Woodward Ave., Ste. 202, Royal Oak, MI 48067 and ask for the Winners list.
- MISCELLANEOUS. By entering the Giveaway, student agrees that all provisions and interpretation of these Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, notwithstanding the fact that either party is or may hereafter become domiciled or located in a different state. By entering this giveaway, student agrees, to the extent allowed by applicable law, that (a) any and all claims, disputes, controversies, suits or actions arising out of or relating to the provisions of this Agreement or the subject matter hereof (the “Claims”) shall be adjudicated exclusively in Oakland County Circuit Court, Michigan, or the United States Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan sitting in Detroit, Michigan, which courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any and all said Claims; and (b) such courts are a convenient forum and the parties will not seek to transfer the action to any other court. The parties waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection that they may respectively now or later have to the laying of venue in said courts. In the event of any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement arising from or relating to this Agreement or the breach thereof, the parties hereto shall first use their best efforts to settle the dispute,claim, question or disagreement. If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by a mutually agreed upon party before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Student and JD Advising with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all other prior or contemporaneous agreements, either oral or written, between the parties (including, without limitation, any student representative of JD Advising) with respect to the subject matter hereof. Student may not assign this Agreement or any of their rights hereunder. Student’s failure to exercise any of its rights under this Agreement will constitute or be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of those rights. A facsimile or PDF signature of any party shall be immediately binding upon such party and have the same legal effect as an original signature of such party. If any term or provision herein is determined to be illegal or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms or provisions herein will remain in full force and effect.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. JD ADVISING MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE SUITABILITY OR QUALITY OF ITS SERVICES OR MATERIALS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANYTHING DONE OR OMITTED IN RELIANCE UPON ITS SERVICES OR MATERIALS. STUDENT HAS SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR FULFILLING ANY REQUIREMENTS OR ACCOMPLISHING ANY OBJECTIVES FOR WHICH STUDENT RECEIVED ANY OF THE JD ADVISING’S SERVICES OR MATERIALS. JD ADVISING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND STUDENT HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVES, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- Sponsor is released, indemnified, and Student will hold Sponsor harmless from all liability, for all injuries, damages, and/or losses to person(s) arising out of (directly or indirectly) the acceptance and/or use of a Prize, student’s accessing or use of JD Advising’s website (www.jdadvising.com); or student’s entry in and activities related to the Giveaway.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, IN NO EVENT WILL JD ADVISING BE LIABLE TO STUDENT FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR SIMILAR DAMAGES EVEN IF JD ADVISING HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO CASE SHALL JD ADVISING’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS ($250). SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF IT CANNOT GIVE ANY PRIZE BECAUSE OF ACTS OF WAR, ACTS OF GOD, NATURAL DISASTERS, ETC.