Your Michigan Bar Exam Plan B If You Failed This Time
If you failed the Michigan bar exam, know that you are not alone! This is a very difficult exam and a significant number of people fail each administration. This does not mean that you yourself are a failure, or that your career is over. Given the very low pass rates of bar exams across the country, it is inevitable that countless successful lawyers have a failed bar exam in their past! Thus, if you failed the Michigan bar exam, all is not lost! It is now time to regroup and figure out your Michigan Bar Exam Plan B to pass!
NOTE: Michigan is switching to the Uniform Bar Exam starting with the February 2023 administration! Find more information here.
Your Michigan Bar Exam Plan B If You Failed This Time
One reason you may have failed the Michigan bar exam is that your bar exam course didn’t put you in the best place to succeed. We are not badmouthing your course! It is just that every bar exam course out there has features that are better suited for different people. Since everyone learns differently, it is possible that your course was just not the best fit for you.
In order to solve this problem for your next attempt at the Michigan bar exam, it is important to make sure that you don’t fall into the same traps. If your course wasn’t the right one for you, don’t repeat it! Do what you need to do in order to ensure that you pass on your next attempt. If that means switching to a new bar exam course, then that is what you need to do!
(Note: maybe your course was right for you but you just did not complete the assignments. If that is the case, it is worth considering repeating your course. Indeed, you won’t really be “repeating” it if you did not complete it the first time.)
1. Michigan Bar Exam Full Course
At JD Advising, we have an excellent track record with helping those who have failed the Michigan bar exam pass on their next try! We have many different course options to choose from, allowing you to select the course that will work best for your learning style! We have a hands-on approach, giving our students personalized attention and guidance during this journey.
If you feel like you would benefit from:
- a small group setting class,
- live lecture by bar exam experts
- the ability to ask questions at any time,
- essays graded each week,
- access to our MBE QBank (which contains over 1,500 released MBE questions for you to practice with!),
- outlines tailored to the bar exam,
- our list of issues ripe for testing,
- a study schedule that starts early (gives you time off for the holidays, and plenty of time to review at the end of the course!)
- a graded final exam,
our premium course option might be right for you!
And if you would like to upgrade to an even more personalized package, our premium plus option comes with 7 private tutoring sessions to help you perfect your skills! Both of these options come with our fantastic outlines, geared toward helping you identify the highly tested areas of law and maximizing the points you earn.
Some students don’t require quite as much individualized guidance. That is ok too! If you would like to still benefit from our tailored outlines, instruction by bar exam experts, a study schedule, and MBE QBank but don’t need the structure of a live course, our on-demand course might be perfect for you! This course allows you to move through our pre-recorded lectures at your own pace. And it comes with ten essays graded If you are good at staying self-motivated but still need that extra boost that comes from using JD Advising’s products and strategies, be sure to check out our on-demand course!
If you failed the Michigan bar exam and are interested in one of the above courses, learn more about our three Michigan bar exam course options here!
2. MBE Only Course
Maybe the reason you failed the Michigan bar exam was that you struggled on either the MBE or essay portion specifically. JD Advising has you covered here as well! If you just can’t seem to master the MBE, consider our MBE course, which also comes in on-demand, premium, or premium plus format! This course will focus specifically on helping you develop the strategies you need to succeed on the MBE. Our MBE course can also supplement your full commercial course if you choose to take a course from a company like Barbri, Kaplan, or Themis.
This course was designed by our JD Advising founder who scored a 180 on the MBE portion of the bar exam.
You can learn more about our MBE course here!
3. Michigan Bar Exam Essay Only Course
Lastly, if you find that the essay portion is the reason you failed the Michigan bar exam, consider taking our Michigan essay course! This course comes in an on demand option for February, and a live or on demand option for July. Taking this course is an excellent way to learn how to craft essays that will score you big points on the essay portion of the exam. Just like our MBE course, it can also supplement what you are getting from your full commercial course.
We recently boasted a 95% passage rate in our Michigan Essay Course. This course was designed by JD Advising founder, who scored a 184 on the essay portion of the bar exam.
Learn about our Michigan essay course here!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!