UPDATE: THE RESULTS ARE OUT! You can read more about the July 2016 results here.
We are already counting down the days until July 2016 New York bar exam results are released. New York bar exam results are usually released around the last week of October or first week of November. (Our formal prediction for the July 2016 New York bar exam results is Wednesday, November 9. But it could really be anytime at the end of October or beginning of November!)
Note that the New York State Board of Law Examiners seems to like releasing results on Tuesday through Friday most of the time. (When releasing July results, they seem to like Wednesdays and Fridays, and when releasing February results, they seem to like Tuesday and Thursday.) Like many state boards, they tend to avoid releasing results on Mondays.
It is true that there are less bar exam takers in New York this administration. However, since New York has just switched to the Uniform Bar Exam (and will have to get used to grading the MEE’s and two MPTs!) we think it will take them a little longer than normal to get results back to students! We could be completely wrong — that is just our educated guess!
You can judge for yourself when you think July 2016 New York bar exam results will be released. Here are the last seven results dates for the New York bar exam, including the day of the week they have been released:
New York Bar Exam Results Release Dates for the Past Seven Years:
- July 2015: Results released on Tuesday, October 27, 2015. (There were 10,671 takers)
- July 2014: Results released on Tuesday, October 28, 2014. (There were 11,195 takers)
- July 2013: Results released on Wednesday, October 30, 2013. (There were 11,694 takers)
- July 2012: Results released on Friday, November 2, 2012. (There were 11,734 takers)
- July 2011: Results released on Wednesday, November 2, 2011. (There were 11,182 takers)
- July 2010: Results released on Friday, November 5, 2010. (There were 11,557 takers)
- July 2009: Results released on Wednesday, November 4, 2009. (There were 11,532 takers)
- July 2008: Results released on Thursday, November 13, 2008. (There were 11,176 takers)
You will receive electronic notification of whether you passed or failed when results are released.
I’m Worried I Failed! Can I Reserve a Spot for Tutoring?
Yes, you can. We have top-notch UBE tutors (who have passed the New York bar exam!) and have helped several students pass the UBE. Our spots fill up quickly so we truly recommend early application so that we can reserve your spot if need be! To read more about our New York Bar Exam tutoring click here.
You should also check out our myriad additional resources, including our MEE one-sheets (for sale in our online store), an MEE seminar and our MEE course. We limit the number of students for private tutoring and that can attend our seminar and course.
*Note, just because you reserve a spot (as your Plan B!) does not mean you will “jinx yourself!” In fact, most of our students who reserve a spot for private tutoring or our New York Bar Exam seminar end up not needing it (even though they are convinced they failed!).Why is this? It is because feelings do not correlate with results! This is is why — even if you are absolutely convinced you failed — you may have indeed passed! Please see this post about how to deal with worrying about bar exam results before they are released! You are also welcome to call us (929-260-4971) or email us if you find you cannot stop worrying!
Wondering what to do while you wait for
July 2016 New York Bar Exam Results?
While you wait for your July 2016 New York bar exam results to be released, we recommend that you read these two articles: A Note to those who Pass the Bar Exam and A Note to Those who Fail the Bar Exam. They are both good to read prior to getting results. (Whether you pass and friend fails or vice versa, you will be more prepared to deal with it — or to be a good friend to your friends that fail. And you will be in the right mindset!).
If you fail or if any of your friends fail, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer tutoring for bar exam students nationwide. We specialize in the Uniform Bar Exam (which New York has recently adopted). To read more about our New York Bar Exam tutoring services as well as our upcoming New York Bar Exam seminar, simply click the links.
If you are still bored while waiting for July 2016 New York bar exam results to be released, please check out these other articles too:
- If you failed any bar exam in the past, apply for our JD Advising scholarship. It is specifically for those who have failed the bar exam and it can be a nice use of your time “in between” waiting for results. If you win, you get $1,000 to use as you see fit.
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or “bar moon” as some call it). Anywhere. Being in an “in-between” stage of your life can kind of suck in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on “The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results”.
- We have some work-related articles here that discuss how to start your own business, how to start your own law firm, polishing up your linkedin profile, etc. These are especially useful if you are looking to put themselves in the best position to get a job while waiting for bar exam results.
- We have lots of lovely articles here: What I learned from being an entrepreneur, fantastic inspiring Rilke quotes to get you through life transitions. (Just click here if you want to see them all!)
Good luck waiting for bar exam results!!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Taking the February 2023 bar exam? Check out our most popular products on sale here!
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)