When Will the February 2018 Michigan Bar Exam Results Be Released?
Update: Michigan Bar Exam results have been released as of Wednesday, May 2 at around 4:10 p.m. Read more here.
Wondering when the February 2018 Michigan Bar Exam Results will be released? The Michigan Board of Law Examiners states that Michigan Bar Exam results are released mid-May but in reality, they are usually released earlier than that.
Below, you can see the past release dates for February Michigan Bar Exam results.
When Will February 2018 Michigan Bar Exam Results Be Released?
Past Release Dates for the February Michigan Bar Exam Results:
- Feb 2017 – Mailed (and posted) on Tuesday, May 9 at 4:00 PM (415 applicants)
- Feb 2016 – Mailed (and posted) on Thursday, May 12 (497 applicants).
- Feb 2015 – Mailed (and posted) on Tuesday, May 5. (538 applicants)
- Feb 2014 – Mailed (and posted) on Wednesday, May 7. (681 applicants)
- Feb 2013 – Mailed on Wednesday, May 15. (722 applicants)
- Feb 2012 — Mailed on Wednesday, April 25. (525 applicants)
- Feb 2011 – Mailed on Wednesday, April 20. (463 applicants)
- Feb 2010 – Mailed on Friday, April 30. (441 applicants)
- Feb 2009 – Mailed on Tuesday, May 19. (463 applicants)
- Feb 2008 – Mailed on Monday, May 5. (429 applicants)
We predict that the release date will be in the beginning of May. We predict Tuesday, May 8.
Will the February 2018 Michigan bar exam results be posted online?
Yes, the Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s states on their website that results will be posted by seat number on the day that results are mailed. (In case you are wondering where they reveal that results are released, they make an announcement right here on the home page of their website.) Note: This is the seat you were actually sitting in – which may be different than the seat you were originally assigned.
If you do not remember your seat number, you can try to call or email the Michigan Board of Law Examiners and ask what you have to do to get it. Last year they did not release this information to applicants who did not write down their seat number.
What time of day are the Michigan bar exam results posted online?
For the February 2017 administration, they were posted at 4:08 PM. For the July 2017 administration, Michigan bar exam results were posted around 4:40 PM.
In the past, they have also posted results around 2:30 PM. Anywhere between 12:00 PM and 4:40 is normal. They have not posted results before 12:00 PM.
Will I be able to find my February 2018 Michigan bar exam results by my seat number if I don’t have Character and Fitness clearance?
Yes, most likely. For the last seven bar exams, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners released the seat numbers of everyone who passed the bar exam – including those who had not yet passed the MPRE or Character and Fitness. If they do the same thing this time, you will be able to find out whether you passed as soon as results are posted, regardless of if you are still waiting for Character and Fitness clearance.
I don’t have the time, energy, or desire to constantly refresh the BLE website. Can you just tell me when the February 2018 Michigan bar exam results are released?
Yes. We have a #Knowfirst campaign where we send you a text or email as soon as results are released. You can sign up here:
Text: If you’d like to receive notification via text message, please text KNOWFIRSTF to 77222 and follow the instructions!
Email: If you’d like to receive notification via email, please complete this form: https://goo.gl/forms/
Note: If you choose to be contacted via text message, we will send you an “opt in” text message so that you can opt in to receive results via text message. Then we will text you as soon as results are out!
If you happen to find out results before we do, feel free to text us (248-228-5547) and we will notify everyone else.
I’m Worried I Failed! Can I Reserve a Spot for Tutoring or a Course?
Yes. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-228-5547 to reserve your spot for free for any of the following (assuming we have space left!). We offer:
- A full-service Michigan bar exam course, which is complete with outlines completely tailored to the Michigan bar exam, released multiple-choice questions, and essay questions. You can read more about the course here as well as download a copy of the syllabus. This course is very highly-regarded.
- A Michigan bar exam essay course which is super-popular even among those who take standard commercial courses, as we give you a huge advantage on essay day. To read more about the Michigan bar exam essay course, please see this link.
- Private tutoring for the Michigan bar exam. You cannot beat one-on-one private tutoring. You can sign up for one session or 30 sessions (or any number in between). To learn about our private tutoring services, click here.
- A Michigan bar exam appeal. These are much harder to win now and whether you would be eligible would depend entirely on your score and the content of your essays. However, we are proud to have written 10 of the 11 passing appeals for the July 2017 Michigan bar exam.
A few notes if you choose to reserve your spot for any of the above:
- First, you are not required to use the spot if you temporarily reserve the spot. It will merely be held for you until results are released.
- Our full-service Michigan bar exam course and essay course fill up very quickly! We highly recommend early reservation if you are worried you failed and are truly interested in one of these options.
- Just because you reserve a spot (as your Plan B!) does not mean you will “jinx yourself!” In fact, most of our students who reserve a with us end up not needing it (even though they are convinced they failed!). Why is this? It is because feelings do not correlate with results! This is is why — even if you are absolutely convinced you failed — you may have indeed passed! Please see this post about how to deal with worrying about bar exam results before they are released! You are also welcome to call us (248-228-5547) or email us (email@example.com) if you find you cannot stop worrying!
I’m Bored. What else Should I Do while I’m Waiting for Results?
If you are waiting for results:
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or “bar moon” as some call it). Anywhere. Being in an “in-between” stage of your life can feel awful in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on “The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results”.
- We have some work-related articles here that discuss how to start your own business, how to start your own law firm, polishing up your Linkedin profile, etc. These are especially useful if you are looking to put themselves in the best position to get a job while waiting for bar exam results.
If you failed the bar exam:
- I failed the Michigan bar exam. What should I do? We tell you what your score report means and how to use this information!
- I failed the bar exam. What should I do? Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on what to do!
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: 5 things to do differently.
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times, or four or more times): Here is a step-by-step guide to getting out of this vicious cycle!
- Should I rewatch lectures if I fail the bar exam? Generally the answer is no.
- How to tell your boss you failed the bar exam: What to say and what not to say.
- Lastly, check out our very popular note to those who failed the bar exam, quotes for those who failed the bar exam, and a list of famous people that failed the bar exam — you are not alone!
If you passed the bar exam:
- Read our note to those who passed the bar exam. It reminds you how to mind your bar exam manners and keep your friends, if you passed!
- A description of swearing-in ceremonies: If you are in Michigan and you pass the bar exam, you will need to have a swearing-in ceremony!
Good luck waiting for bar exam results!!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!