When Will the February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam Results Be Released?
Wondering when the February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam results will be released? We are too! The Michigan Board of Law Examiners states that Michigan Bar Exam results are released mid-May, but in reality, they usually are released earlier than that. Below, you can see the past release dates for the February Michigan Bar Exam results.
UPDATE: February 2020 results were released on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 earlier in the day.
When Will the February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam Results Be Released?
Past release dates for the February Michigan Bar Exam results
- Feb 2019—mailed (and posted) on Thursday, April 25 at 4:20 p.m. (370 applicants)
- Feb 2018—mailed (and posted) on Wednesday, May 2 at 4:10 p.m. The list of certified passers was posted Monday, May 6 (392 applicants)
- Feb 2017—mailed (and posted) on Tuesday, May 9 at 4:08 p.m. (415 applicants)
- Feb 2016—mailed (and posted) on Thursday, May 12 (497 applicants)
- Feb 2015—mailed (and posted) on Tuesday, May 5 (538 applicants)
- Feb 2014—mailed (and posted) on Wednesday, May 7 (681 applicants)
- Feb 2013—mailed on Wednesday, May 15 (722 applicants)
- Feb 2012—mailed on Wednesday, April 25 (525 applicants)
- Feb 2011—mailed on Wednesday, April 20 (463 applicants)
- Feb 2010—mailed on Friday, April 30 (441 applicants)
- Feb 2009—mailed on Tuesday, May 19 (463 applicants)
- Feb 2008—mailed on Monday, May 5 (429 applicants)
We predict that the release date will be in early May, perhaps Thursday, May 14.
Will the February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam results be posted online?
Yes, the Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s states on their website that results will be posted by seat number on the day that results are mailed. Note: this is the seat you actually were sitting in, which may be different than the seat you originally were assigned.
In case you are wondering where they reveal that results are released, they make an announcement right here on the home page of their website.
If you do not remember your seat number, you may have to wait for results to be mailed. Last year, they did not release this information to applicants who did not write down their seat number.
What time of day are the Michigan Bar Exam results posted online?
For the February 2017 administration, they were posted at 4:08 p.m. For the July 2018 administration, Michigan Bar Exam results were posted around 4:15 p.m.
In the past, they have posted results around 2:30 p.m. Anywhere between 12:00 p.m. and 4:40 p.m. is normal. They have not posted results before 12:00 p.m.
Will I be able to find my February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam results by my seat number if I don’t have Character and Fitness clearance?
Most likely. For the last eight bar exams, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners (BLE) released the seat numbers of everyone who passed the Michigan Bar Exam, including those who had not yet passed the MPRE or Character and Fitness. If they do the same thing this time, you will be able to find out whether you passed as soon as results are posted, regardless of whether you still are waiting for Character and Fitness clearance.
I don’t have the time, energy, or desire to constantly refresh the BLE website. Can you just tell me when the February 2020 Michigan Bar Exam results are released?
Yes! Please send us your email or phone number if you want to know first! We usually are among the very first to know when Michigan releases bar exam results and we are happy to text you or email you when they are out!
When results are out, we will send a short email or text to you announcing that results are out. We will not share your information with anyone. In addition, we will not sign you up for our newsletter or anything else unless you want to be signed up! We simply will send a short notification when results are out, and then leave you alone!
Text: if you’d like to receive a notification via text message, please text KNOWFIRSTF to 77222
Note: If you choose to be contacted via text message, we will send you a message so that you can opt-in to receive results via text message. Then, we will text you as soon as results are out!
Email: If you’d like to receive a notification via email, please complete this form:
If you happen to find out results before we do, feel free to text us (248-228-5547) and we will notify everyone else!
I’m worried I failed! Can I reserve a spot for tutoring or a course?
Yes. Contact us at email@example.com or (248) 228-5547 to reserve your spot for any of the following:
- A full-service Michigan Bar Exam Course, which is complete with outlines completely tailored to the Michigan Bar Exam, released multiple-choice questions, and essay questions. You can read more about the Course here as well as download a copy of the syllabus. This Course is very highly regarded.
- A Michigan Bar Exam Essay Course which is super-popular, even among those who take standard commercial courses, as we give you a huge advantage on essay day. To read more about the Michigan Bar Exam Essay Course, please see this link.
- Private tutoring for the Michigan Bar Exam. You cannot beat one-on-one private tutoring. You can sign up for one session or 30 sessions (or any number in between). To learn about our private tutoring services, click here.
- A Michigan Bar Exam appeal. These are much harder to win now, and whether you would be eligible depends entirely on your score and the content of your essays. We are proud to have written 100% of the passing appeals in the State of Michigan for the July 2018 bar exam! If you would like to reserve a spot for an appeal, contact us here.
A few notes if you choose to reserve your spot for any of the above
- First, you are not required to use the spot if you temporarily reserve it. It merely will be held for you until results are released.
- Our full-service Michigan Bar Exam Course and Essay Course fill up very quickly! We highly recommend making a reservation early if you are worried you failed and truly are interested in one of these options.
- Just because you reserve a spot (as your Plan B!) does not mean you will jinx yourself! In fact, most of our students who reserve with us end up not needing it (even though they are convinced they failed!). Why is this? It is because feelings do not correlate with results! This is is why—even if you are absolutely convinced you failed—you may have indeed passed! Please see this post about how to deal with worrying about bar exam results before they are released! You also are welcome to call us (248-228-5547) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you find you cannot stop worrying!
I’m bored. What else should I do while I’m waiting for results?
If you are waiting for results
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or bar moon as some call it). Being in an in-between stage of your life can feel awful in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results.
- We have some work-related articles here that discuss how to start your own business, how to start your own law firm, polishing up your LinkedIn profile, etc. These especially are useful if you are looking to put yourself in the best position to get a job while waiting for bar exam results.
If you failed the bar exam
- Read our “I failed the bar exam” Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ guide)
- Will anyone know if I failed the bar exam? A state-by-state guide
- I failed the bar exam. What should I do? Follow the link for a detailed step-by-step guide on what to do!
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: 5 things to do differently.
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times, or four or more times): here is a step-by-step guide to escaping this vicious cycle!
- Should I rewatch lectures if I fail the bar exam? Generally, the answer is no.
- How to tell your boss you failed the bar exam: what to say and what not to say.
- Lastly, check out our very popular note to those who failed the bar exam, quotes for those who failed the bar exam, and a list of famous people that failed the bar exam—you are not alone!
If you passed the bar exam
- Read our note to those who passed the bar exam. It reminds you how to mind your bar exam manners and keep your friends, if you passed!
- A description of swearing-in ceremonies: If you are in Michigan and you pass the bar exam, you will need to have a swearing-in ceremony! Read all of our swearing-in ceremony posts here!
Good luck waiting for bar exam results!
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!