When Will July 2015 Michigan Bar Exam Results be Released?
Already wondering when the July 2015 Michigan Bar Exam Results will be released? Us too! The Michigan Board of Law Examiners likes to tell people that Michigan Bar Exam results are released mid-November. But they are usually released closer to the end of October. The earliest results release date for the Michigan July bar exam in the last seven years was October 12 (in 2011). The latest was last July, when Michigan bar exam results were released online on November 6th.
We predict that the release date will be sometime in late October due to the high number of applicants (as well as that strange grading formula that they started following last July, which seemed to delay the release of results). Below is the research that we did. To be thorough, we listed the days that results were mailed (mostly because people have this erroneous notion that they are only released on Thursdays!), as well as the date they were mailed and the number of applicants taking the exam.
(Can you tell we have some extra time on our hands now that the bar exam is over?)
Past Release Dates for the July Michigan Bar Exam Results:
- July 2014 — Results released online Thursday 11/6/14. Results posted on Wednesday 11/12/14. (953 total applicants)
- July 2013 – Results mailed Thursday 10/24/13; Results posted Tuesday 10/29/13 (1007 total applicants)
- July 2012 – Results mailed on Thursday 10/25/12; Results posted Monday 10/29/12 (967 total applicants)
- July 2011 – Results mailed Wednesday 10/12/11; Results posted Monday 10/17/11 (888 total applicants)
- July 2010 – Results mailed Wednesday 10/13/10; Results posted Monday 10/18/10 (782 total applicants)
- July 2009 – Results mailed Tuesday 10/27/09; Results posted Wednesday 10/28/09 (800 total applicants)
- July 2008 – Results mailed Friday 10/31/08; Results posted Wednesday 11/5/08 (879 total applicants)
- July 2007 – Results mailed Wednesday 10/31/07; Results posted Monday 11/5/07 (848 total applicants)
We assume the number of applicants were about the same as last July given that the passage rate has stayed about the same. We predict results will be mailed (and posted by seat number) near the end of October (somewhere in the 20’s, we suspect). Our formal prediction is Thursday, October 22 . . . but you can decide for yourself when you think they will be released.(If you have your own prediction of when the July 2015 Michigan bar exam results will be released, let us know what it is below!)
Will the July 2015 Michigan bar exam results be posted online?
Probably. In February 2014, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners started posting the list of applicants who passed by seat number on the day that results were mailed. (In case you are wondering, they make an announcement right here on the home page of their website. If you do not remember your seat number, call the Michigan Board of Law Examiners and ask what you have to do to get it. Some students who did not write down their seat numbers last time were able to discover their numbers before results were released. Remember the Board usually posts it by the actual seat number you were in during the exam (which may be different from the one you were initially assigned).
What time of day are the Michigan bar exam results posted online?
You mean you don’t like to click the “refresh” button from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM? :) The last couple of times, results have been released around 12. But in the past, it has also been in the afternoon (around 4 or 4:30). We cannot remember any time that results were released before noon, although the Board can do what it wants!
Will I be able to find out if I passed the July 2015 Michigan bar exam if I don’t have Character and Fitness clearance?
Most likely. For the July 2014 Michigan bar exam and February 2015 Michigan bar exam, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners released the seat numbers of everyone who passed – including those who had not yet passed the MPRE or Character and Fitness. This was new – they had not done that before. If they do the same thing this time, you will be able to find out whether you passed as soon as results are posted, regardless of if you are still waiting for Character and Fitness clearance.
I don’t have the time, energy, or desire to constantly refresh the BLE website. Can you just tell me when the July 2015 Michigan bar exam results are released?
Yes! If you would like a text or e-mail when they are out, just e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know how you prefer to find out about the release and we will text or e-mail you as soon as we find out they have been released. (We usually are the first to know!) This assumes they come out after October 14 (which, looking at the past release dates, they almost certainly will!). JD Advising is on vacation from the beginning of October until October 14, although we do have one very dedicated associate whose job is to watch the Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s website website during that time!! To learn more about our #KnowFirst campaign, please read this blog post.
I’m Bored. What else Should I do while I’m Waiting for Results?
We have a few ideas!
- First, we recommend you check out these articles: A Note to those who Pass the Bar Exam and A Note to Those who Fail the Bar Exam. They are both good to read prior to getting results (whether you pass and friend fails or vice versa, you will be more prepared to deal with it and be in the right mindset!)
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or “bar moon” as some call it). Anywhere. Being in an “in-between” stage of your life can kind of suck in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on “The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results”. If you are confident you passed, learn a bit more about the next step – planning a swearing-in ceremony.
- We have a few articles here if you are planning on starting your own firm or looking to acquire some attorney skills after law school.
- We have lots of lovely articles here: What I learned from being an entrepreneur, fantastic inspiring Rilke quotes to get you through life transitions. (Just click here if you want to see them all!)
Good luck waiting for bar exam results!!
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1399.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
We also have several additional MBE, MEE, and MPT products available.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] as to when the July 2015 Michigan bar exam results will be released? (Don’t miss this post on when we predict July 2015 Michigan bar exam results will be released! In that post, we tell you our exact predictions as well as exactly when and how results come out, […]
Comments are closed.