How to Use JD Advising’s Bar Exam One-Sheets
We sell two sets of bar exam one-sheets – both of which receive glowing reviews! We offer MEE one-sheets for those taking the Uniform Bar Exam or Multistate Essay Exam. (You can read more about these MEE one-sheets here). We also offer Michigan Bar Exam one-sheets (found in our book, How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam here).
A couple of customers have emailed us asking us the best way to use JD Advising’s Bar Exam One-Sheets. We thought it would be convenient to write a post for everyone to hear our thoughts on the absolute best way to maximize your use of the bar exam one-sheets without feeling like you have yet another thing to do! In reality, the bar exam one-sheets should be saving you hours of time rather than adding to your to-do list. And they will do just that if you use them right!
The best way to use our bar exam one-sheets is as follows:
1. First, purchase the JD Advising bar exam one-sheets early!
While MANY students purchase our bar exam one-sheets in the weeks, days, and hours leading up to the bar exam, we highly recommend you purchase them early! This will help you get the most out of them. If you purchase them later, you can still use them for a great last-minute review. However, you will get the most out of them if you buy them early and review them often!
2. Review the bar exam one-sheets before lecture.
This will “cue you in” to the highly-tested material in lecture and it will help you get the most out of lecture. One of the challenges of many commercial courses is that they do not tell students what is highly-tested and what is not. (And in fact sometimes their lecture handouts will not even have information in it that is highly tested!) However, by reviewing the bar exam one-sheets ahead of time, you will go into lecture knowing what to focus on.
3. Memorize the bar exam one-sheets!
You only have so much time in a day. You also have stacks and stacks of outlines to learn and problems to complete. You cannot learn everything in the time you have. And the good news is, you do not need to. Our bar exam one-sheets cover the highly-tested areas of law in one sheet each. (You can see this post about how accurate our MEE one-sheets are in terms of what is tested on the MEE, and you can see this post on how accurate our Michigan bar exam one sheets are in terms of what is tested on the essay portion of the Michigan bar exam!)
So, after lecture, it is a good idea to commit the bar exam one-sheets to memory. Use one of these strategies to memorize the bar exam one-sheets.
The takeaway: You cannot memorize everything. So you might as well memorize what is most likely to show up on your bar exam! And because SO much of what is on the one-sheets appears on the real bar exam, it is your best bet to start by memorizing these.
4. Complete practice essays.
Memorization is a necessary first step. However, to really make the information “stick” complete practice essay questions. You will feel like you “own” the material as soon as you start to practice. Don’t wait until you feel as though you know the material perfectly to complete this step (or you may never complete it!) Instead, wait until you have a good grasp on the material and feel semi-comfortable with it. Your comfort level will increase with practice.
How do I purchase the Bar Exam One-Sheets?
If you are in a UBE or MEE jurisdiction
To receive a high-quality hard copy of the one-sheets at your door via priority mail you can order them here. In many cases, you will receive them the day or two after ordering them.
The MEE jurisdictions are as follows: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine (beginning July 2017), Massachusetts (beginning July 2018), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Virgin Islands
If you are in Michigan
You can purchase our book on How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam here.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!