Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips
Many students struggle to complete the bar exam in time. So if you struggle with timing on the Uniform Bar Exam, you are not alone. Here, we give you some of our best Uniform Bar Exam timing tips. First, we give you some general tips, and then we have timing tips that relate to each portion of the Uniform Bar Exam – the multistate bar exam (MBE), the multistate performance test (MPT), and the multistate essay exam (MEE).
Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips
Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips – General Tips
A few tips you want to keep in mind when you are perfecting your timing on the Uniform Bar Exam are the following:
- First, practice makes perfect! If you struggle with timing on the exam, you should be sure to practice timing a lot! Rather than only read tips on timing, actually implement them to see what works!
- Second, use released MBE, MEE, and MPT questions when you practice. If you use questions invented by a commercial course, you are at a disadvantage. You can find past MEE questions here, sources for past Multistate Performance Test (MPT) questions here, and real MBE questions here.
- Lastly, learn the law better! Many students try to find tricks or shortcuts to improving their timing or their scores. However, the easiest way to improve your Uniform bar exam timing and also improve your score is to learn the law! Here, we have tips on how to memorize your bar exam outlines if you are unsure where to begin.
Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips – Tips for each portion of the exam
We have written extensively about Uniform Bar Exam timing tips for each portion of the exam.
- MBE timing tips: Here, we give you some excellent MBE timing tips, including a “scantron strategy” to use on exam day, tips on what to spend your time on when you study, and how to build your way up to practicing full timed MBE exams.
- MPT timing tips: Here, we list some excellent MPT timing tips, including to make sure you memorize proper MPT formats ahead of time, tips on how to “work while you read” and how to avoid the very common mistake of briefing all cases in an MPT library.
- MEE timing tips: Here we give you tips to master your timing on the MEE portion of the exam, including tips on organization, memorizing the highly tested rules, and how to be concise in your essay answer.
We hope these Uniform Bar Exam timing tips help you! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or post in the comments below!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)