With just a few weeks left until the Uniform Bar Exam, it is time to see if you are on track! This short Uniform Bar Exam quiz has questions and answers about the most highly tested areas of law on the multistate essay exam. (Note that you will also see many of these issues tested on the multistate bar exam!) We recommend you review the questions, see how many of them you know, then review the answers.
This is a mixture of questions from a mixture of subjects!
Uniform Bar Exam Quiz:
1. Agency: What is apparent authority?
The elements are: (a) the person dealing with the agent must does so with a reasonable belief in the agent’s authority; and, (b) the belief must be generated by some act or neglect on the part of the principal.
2. Civil Procedure: What factors should you discuss if a preliminary injunction is tested on the MEE?
Four factors are considered in whether a court should grant a preliminary injunction: (1) the significance of the threat of irreparable harm to the plaintiff if the injunction is not granted; (2) the balance between this harm and the injury that granting the injunction would inflict on the defendant; (3) the probability that the plaintiff will succeed on the merits; and (4) the public interest.
3. Constitutional Law: What is the standard of scrutiny for a speech restriction in a non-public forum?
A speech restriction in a non-public forum must be viewpoint neutral and reasonably related to a legitimate governmental interest.
4. Constitutional Law: What is the standard of scrutiny for a speech restriction in a public forum?
A speech restriction in a public forum must be content neutral, narrowly tailored to serve an important governmental interest, and leave open alternative channels of communication.
5. Corporations: What are defenses to liability for breach of a duty of loyalty?
The Revised Model Business Corporation Act has three safe harbors: (1) approval by disinterested directors, (2) approval by disinterested shareholders, and (3) the transaction must be fair at the time it is entered into.
6. Secured Transactions: What are the requirements of attachment?
(1) Value must have been given by the secured party to the debtor (e.g., a loan), (2) the debtor must have rights in the collateral, and (3) there must be a binding security agreement.
If you struggled with this quiz, consider purchasing our MEE one-sheets, which tells you the highly tested areas of law (and includes all of the answers to this quiz! They receive glowing reviews every single administration!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!