We posted a short Uniform Bar Exam Quiz a few days ago, which students really liked. So we created an additional Uniform Bar Exam quiz for those looking to test their knowledge yet again.
This short Uniform Bar Exam quiz has questions and answers about the most highly tested areas of law on the multistate essay exam. (Note that you will also see many of these issues tested on the multistate bar exam!) We recommend you review the questions, see how many of them you know, then review the answers.
This is a mixture of questions from a mixture of subjects!
Uniform Bar Exam Quiz:
1. Torts: What is a battery?
A battery is an act with intent to cause a harmful or offensive contact or imminent apprehension of that contact and a harmful or offensive contact directly or indirectly results. (If you did not memorize this exact definition, the most important thing is that you include the three elements of (1) an act, (2) intent, and (3) a harmful or offensive contact.)
2. Trusts: What is the Uniform Prudent Investor Act? (Just a brief description is fine!)
The Uniform Prudent Investor Act (UPIA) states that a trustee “must administer the trust as a prudent person would…using reasonable care, skill, and caution.”
3. Wills: What is a holographic will?
A holographic will is an unwitnessed will. It is valid if it is signed, if the material portions are in the testator’s handwriting. Holographic wills are recognized by about half the states and you should mention it if you see an unwitnessed will on the MEE.
4. Real Property: What is the doctrine of merger?
On the closing date, the contract for sale merges into the deed so the buyer can only sue on the deed.
5. Family Law: What are the elements of common law marriage?
To establish a common law marriage, the proponent must show (CACH): capacity to enter into a marital contract, a present agreement to be married, cohabitation, and holding out a marital relationship.
If you struggled with this quiz, consider purchasing our MEE one-sheets, which tells you the highly tested areas of law (and includes all of the answers to this quiz! They receive glowing reviews every single administration!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)