The Advantages Of JD Advising’s UBE Course
The Advantages Of JD Advising’s UBE Course: Are you starting to think of what bar prep course to sign up for the July 2018 Uniform Bar Exam? We would like to share with you why the JD Advising UBE course should be on your list. Below we explain the advantages of JD Advising’s UBE Course with respect to the February 2018 Uniform Bar Exam.
The Advantages Of JD Advising’s UBE Course
1. Our mock exams included questions on one-third of the questions tested on the actual exam.
It is always comforting walking into an exam knowing that you prepared for it efficiently. To this end, we assign our students two mock 3-hour essay exams composed of past questions.
Our mock exam included the Criminal Law and Procedure question from July 2015. This question tested students’ knowledge of the M’Naghten Rule. By writing out an answer to this question and grading it in accordance with the Examiners’ Analysis (written by the NCBE), our students had a solid understanding of the rule as well as how to tackle the analysis. This was a significant portion of the Criminal Law and Procedure question that appeared on the February 2018 exam.
We also included the Civil Procedure question from February 2014 in which sanctions was one of the issues. Sanctions are not a heavily tested issue in Civil Procedure, but we did think that if Civil Procedure were tested in February it would not be a traditional question (e.g., personal jurisdiction). To this end, we provided our students exposure to this issue (one that many students would overlook otherwise)!
2. Our homework assignments included essays on the majority of the issues that appeared on the other two-thirds of the February 2018 MEE.
Our students were exposed to the majority of the issues that were tested on the February 2018 MEE in the course of their homework assignments. Each administration we update our homework assignments looking carefully at what appeared on past exams, including the most recent administration. We make sure to assign essays that cover a wide range of topics so that students feel comfortable with both highly tested issues as well as less highly tested issues that are ripe for testing.
For example, the Contracts question on the February 2018 exam focused in part on issues concerning contract formation. This included the preexisting duty rule and how to modify a contract governed by common law. The July 2014 Contracts essay was among the ones we assigned that tested the aforementioned topics.
Regarding the Family Law question, the February 2018 MEE examined issues such as the validity of premarital agreements, the division of marital property and whether marital fault impacts a custody determination. The UBE Course students worked through many of these exact topics on the February 2016 essay question. This was one of the many advantages of JD Advising’s UBE Course.
The Partnership question in February 2018 tested how a partner may withdraw from a partnership and the consequences thereof, as well as the fiduciary duties (e.g., duty of loyalty, due of care) a partner owes to other partners. UBE Course students familiarized themselves with these issues in the July 2011 and February 2016 essays.
With respect to Real Property, we assigned both the July 2011 and February 2012 essays for homework. These questions mirrored many of the issues tested on the February 2018 MEE pertaining to easements. In addition, when we reviewed our predictions at the end of the UBE course, we emphasized that students should work through the February 2010 essay, which focuses primarily on warranty deeds and notice. These topics also appeared on the exam.
3. We make sure our students prepare for the MBE using real released questions.
The best way to prepare for the MBE is to practice using real released questions and we told our students to look at the following resources: Emanuel’s Strategies & Tactics for the MBE (Sixth Edition), Adaptibar, and the NCBE’s released exams. Furthermore, we purchased the license to the first ever set of released Civil Procedure questions. We made those questions available to our students and we even wrote our own explanations for each one. Lastly, we formulated a 100 question timed MBE exam from the most recent set of 210 MBE questions released by the NCBE. We also wrote explanations for each of these questions to make it easier for students to review their answers. Practicing with real questions is an advantage of JD Advising’s UBE Course.
4. We emphasized that students needed to have a good grasp of objective memos and persuasive briefs for the MPT.
The most highly tested tasks on the MPT are objective memos and persuasive briefs. We carefully reviewed each of the different tasks that could show up on the exam. We began with an overview of how to write an objective memo and a persuasive brief because they comprise over 70% of the tasks that have appeared on the exam during the last ten years. Not only did we walk through MPTs together and assign others for homework, we also provided handy formatting cheat sheets to help students write more organized and well-structured responses. Moreover, our graders provide detailed feedback on the MPTs that students submitted for grading. Finally, we also provided students a mock MPT. One of the two tasks was an objective memo (just like the actual February 2018 bar exam)!
These are several of the advantages of JD Advising’s UBE Course that helped some takers (including a fifth-time taker) increase their score by more than 20 points on the February 2018 Bar Exam!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)