The Michigan Board of Law Examiners updated their security policy to disallow watches in the testing center. The news release explains that “[d]ue to evolving security concerns, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners will no longer allow watches or timepieces of any kind in the Michigan bar examination. Watches and timepieces have been added to the prohibited list of items. Clocks will be placed throughout the examination site so that everyone taking the examination can readily tell the time.”
We were saddened to hear of the update (and we are not really sure what the security concerns are?) because we usually highly recommend that Michigan bar exam students set a watch to 12:00 to more accurately keep track of their timing. Now we recommend that Michigan bar exam takers get used to keeping track of their timing by using a clock when they practice, rather than a watch.
What are you allowed to bring into the testing center according to the Michigan Board of Law Examiners?
The updated security policy states that applicants are “not permitted to bring any items into the examination room other than a clear plastic food storage type bag (maximum size one gallon), which may only contain” the following items:
- Admission Certificate
- Government Issued Photo I.D.
- Earplugs (not the big earphone/headphone type)
- Pens, pencils, erasers
- Medication and medical items
- Facial tissue
Non-digital watch or timepiece*
- One clear plastic bottle of water/juice/soda per exam session
Click here to read the updated security policy as well as the release by the Michigan Board of Law Examiners.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
Check out our February 2024 bar exam sale to save on our one-sheets, bar exam outlines, and mastery classes!
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Bar Exam Outlines: Our comprehensive and condensed bar exam outlines present key information in an organized, easy-to-digest layout.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!