Subjects Tested on the New Bar Exam
Here, we list the subjects tested on the new bar exam (or the “next generation of the bar exam”). If you are taking the bar exam in 2024 or 2025, these will be the subjects you will be expected to know.
The new bar exam subjects are:
- Civil Procedure
- Contract Law
- Business Associations (including Agency)
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Real Property
Note that the bar exam currently tests several additional subjects. The Uniform Bar Exam as it stands also tests the following subjects in addition to the above eight subjects: Secured Transactions, Conflict of Laws, Family Law, Decedents’ Estates, Trusts, and Partnership. These additional subjects will be eliminated from the new bar exam.
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!