In this post, we rank the subjects that are most worth your time when you are studying for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE). It can be helpful to know the UBE subjects that are the most important because (a) you can dedicate more time to them during bar prep, and (b) if you are in law school, you can take classes that are focused on those subjects.
Study Smart for the Uniform Bar Exam: Subjects Most Worth your Time
Here we rank the subjects most worth your time (i.e. those that are highly tested!) to the ones that are not worth as much of your time.
- Civil Procedure. This is the Uniform Bar Exam subject that is most worth your time! There will be 25 scored multistate bar exam (MBE) questions on this subject. Further, on most UBE exams, there is also an essay question that tests Civil Procedure! Thus, this is the most important UBE subject.
- Contracts, Real Property, Evidence, and Torts. These four Uniform Bar Exam subjects are important because there are 25 MBE questions on these subjects. Further, they frequently show up on the essay portion of the bar exam.
- Constitutional Law and Criminal Law and Procedure. These are important subjects because you will see 25 MBE questions on these subjects. These subjects are also tested on the essay portion of the Uniform Bar Exam, but they are not tested as much as the subjects listed above.
- Agency and Partnership, Corporations and LLCs, Secured Transactions. These three subjects do not show up on the MBE, but they are heavily tested on the essay portion. Thus, these rank next in line!
- Decedents’ Estates, Trusts and Future Interests, and Family Law. These subjects are not tested on the MBE and while they are tested on the essay portion, they are not tested quite as much as the subjects mentioned above.
- Conflicts of Law. This subjectw ill not appear on the MBE. Further, when it is tested on the multistate essay exam (which is not often!) it appears with another subject. So, it is not a “standalone” subject.
Note that just because some subjects are more highly tested than others does not mean that you should ignore the other subjects! You should dedicate time to studying each subject. If you want to see a chart when these Uniform Bar Exam subjects were tested, check out this chart. We hope this helps you study smart for the Uniform Bar Exam!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!