Our July 2019 MEE One-sheets Accuracy
Below we discuss the accuracy of JD Advising’s MEE one-sheets as they relate to the issues tested on the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam. Overall, many of the essays tested on the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam appeared in our MEE One-Sheets!
Our July 2019 MEE One-sheets Accuracy
JD Advising’s MEE One-sheets covered approximately one-third of the issues in the Civil Procedure question. In particular, the One- Sheets explain how to analyze whether subject matter jurisdiction is present, including federal question and diversity jurisdiction. The Civil Procedure essay also required an analysis of class actions, but this was not included in the MEE One-Sheets because it is not a highly tested issue (in fact, class actions were last tested in July 2003).
JD Advising’s MEE One-sheets covered at least two-thirds of the Criminal Procedure question, including when Miranda warnings are required (i.e. a custodial interrogation), how Miranda rights are invoked, and how Miranda rights are waived.
The Contracts question largely focused upon about contract formation and which damages may be recovered in case of a breach, including expectation damages, and the duty to mitigate. Our MEE One-Sheets covered approximately half of the issues tested by this essay.
The Corporations question focused predominantly on fiduciary duties, namely the duty of loyalty, the duty of care, the business judgment rule, and defenses to a breach of the duty of loyalty. Each of these issues appeared in our MEE One-Sheets. As such, the One-Sheets covered almost the entirety of the Corporations essay.
Decedents’ Estates/ Conflict of Laws
Our MEE One-Sheets covered a number of the issues in the Decedents’ Estates part of the essay, including how to execute a valid will, how to create a valid holographic will, when a gift lapses, and how antilapse statutes operate. Our One- Sheets did not cover the main issue of the Conflict of Laws portion of the question (i.e. the validity of foreign wills) because it is not a highly tested issue.
JD Advising’s MEE one-sheets covered approximately three-fourths of the issues in the Family Law essay. In particular, the One- Sheets explain when spousal support may be awarded, the standard for child custody determinations (i.e. best interests of the child), and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA).
For the large part, those students who purchased the MEE one-sheets had a great advantage going into the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam. In fact, the One-Sheets contain rules for issues predicted in every essay question. For Criminal Procedure, Contracts, and Family Law, the One-Sheets reviewed at least half of the issues covered by those essay questions! The One-Sheets discussed nearly every issue in the Corporations question. For Decedents’ Estates/ Conflict of Laws question and the Civil Procedure question, the One- Sheets covered at least one-third of the issues. On the whole, the Examiners continued with the trend of testing highly tested issues and we are pleased that JD Advising’s MEE One-sheets provided examinees with a solid review of many of the issues on the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam. Check out our MEE one-sheets here!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!