Our July 2019 MEE One-sheets Accuracy
Below we discuss the accuracy of JD Advising’s MEE one-sheets as they relate to the issues tested on the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam. Overall, many of the essays tested on the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam appeared in our MEE One-Sheets!
Our July 2019 MEE One-sheets Accuracy
JD Advising’s MEE One-sheets covered approximately one-third of the issues in the Civil Procedure question. In particular, the One- Sheets explain how to analyze whether subject matter jurisdiction is present, including federal question and diversity jurisdiction. The Civil Procedure essay also required an analysis of class actions, but this was not included in the MEE One-Sheets because it is not a highly tested issue (in fact, class actions were last tested in July 2003).
JD Advising’s MEE One-sheets covered at least two-thirds of the Criminal Procedure question, including when Miranda warnings are required (i.e. a custodial interrogation), how Miranda rights are invoked, and how Miranda rights are waived.
The Contracts question largely focused upon about contract formation and which damages may be recovered in case of a breach, including expectation damages, and the duty to mitigate. Our MEE One-Sheets covered approximately half of the issues tested by this essay.
The Corporations question focused predominantly on fiduciary duties, namely the duty of loyalty, the duty of care, the business judgment rule, and defenses to a breach of the duty of loyalty. Each of these issues appeared in our MEE One-Sheets. As such, the One-Sheets covered almost the entirety of the Corporations essay.
Decedents’ Estates/ Conflict of Laws
Our MEE One-Sheets covered a number of the issues in the Decedents’ Estates part of the essay, including how to execute a valid will, how to create a valid holographic will, when a gift lapses, and how antilapse statutes operate. Our One- Sheets did not cover the main issue of the Conflict of Laws portion of the question (i.e. the validity of foreign wills) because it is not a highly tested issue.
JD Advising’s MEE one-sheets covered approximately three-fourths of the issues in the Family Law essay. In particular, the One- Sheets explain when spousal support may be awarded, the standard for child custody determinations (i.e. best interests of the child), and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA).
For the large part, those students who purchased the MEE one-sheets had a great advantage going into the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam. In fact, the One-Sheets contain rules for issues predicted in every essay question. For Criminal Procedure, Contracts, and Family Law, the One-Sheets reviewed at least half of the issues covered by those essay questions! The One-Sheets discussed nearly every issue in the Corporations question. For Decedents’ Estates/ Conflict of Laws question and the Civil Procedure question, the One- Sheets covered at least one-third of the issues. On the whole, the Examiners continued with the trend of testing highly tested issues and we are pleased that JD Advising’s MEE One-sheets provided examinees with a solid review of many of the issues on the July 2019 Uniform Bar Exam. Check out our MEE one-sheets here!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)